M4A2 Sherman Tarawa
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (41)
Customize your model: (32)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $58.50You pay: $39.79(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6062Scale: 1/35View all products of type "M4 Sherman"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
This kit includes many NEW details and showcases the M4A2 that was instrumental to the Marines that fought at Tarawa.
Turret & Gun
- early 75mm turret design based on actual Army schematics
- all turret details present, right down to openings and bolt holes
- painstakingly recreated main structure looks like an actual turret housing, fresh off the assembly line
- the bolt connecting plate for the gun shield attachment looks completely integral after assembly
- separate pistol part hatch that can be assembled open or closed
- rotor shield also redesigned accordin to Army schematics
- accurate gun shield with fine bolt details
- cupola is a newly molded
- commander's hatch with periscope assembly
- locking mechanism on the commander's hatch has been reworked using detailed specs
- hull side plates are accurately reproduced, with a correct horizontal upper edge
- new bolting strip on hull side
- accurately modeled rolled plate driver's hood and antenna bracket
- accurate configuration of engine deck bolts
- separate engine deck panel and grills
- completely new upper hull with superb details
- realistic welding seams on Sherman hull
- hull details such as change of plate thickness and uneven cut in splash guard are accurately portrayed
- authentic rolled plate splash guard with flat plate at rear
- rolled plate bow gun mounting socket
- antenna base is accurately reproduced
- driver's and radio operator's hatch assembly includes clear periscope and flap
- fuel caps on engine deck can be assembled open or closed
- new siren
- finely rendered headlight and horn guards
About the M4A2:
- new barrel produced by slide mold
- new early style sprocket
- on-vehicle tools delicately recreated
- newly tooled one piece T54E-1 VVSS tracks in Dragon Styrene
- Cartograf decal offers different markings
The Medium Tank M4 was the main tank designed and built by the United States for allied forces in World War II, totaling roughly 50,000 tanks plus thousands more derivative vehicles under different model numbers with different abilities. In the United Kingdom lend-lease M4s were dubbed General Sherman after Union General William Tecumseh Sherman, continuing a practice of naming American tanks after famous Generals. The British name became popular in the US and the two names are often combined into M4 Sherman or shortened to Sherman.
M4A2 - Diesel-powered; welded hull; 75-mm and 76-mm guns.