Israeli M1 Super Sherman
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (39)
Customize your model: (27)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Over 50,000 Shermans of all types were produced during WWII. The Shermans which the IDF (Israeli Defense Force) initially procured from various sources were a mix of different variants featuring different hulls, turrets, suspensions, and armaments. However, Israel was eventually able to negotiate the purchase of about 250 M4A1 and M4A3 Shermans from France, and these were armed with the M1A1/A2 76.2mm main gun which could better counter the Arab armies' Russian made T-34-85s. Shermans were also produced with two different types of suspension: VVSS (Vertical Volute Spring Suspension) and HVSS (Horizontal Volute Spring Suspension). The latter offered better performance and the IDF eventually modified their tanks to the HVSS standard. Thus the IDF designated its 76.2mm gun-armed HVSS-equipped Shermans as M1 Super Shermans and many of these saw their first action during the Sinai Campaign in 1956.
Specs and Features
- 1/35 scale plastic assembly kit model of the Israeli M1 Super Sherman.
- The late type turret, which was equipped with a one-piece loader's hatch and a muzzle brake, is accurately reproduced based on the thorough study of an actual vehicle.
- Cast hull is precisely rendered.
- VVSS type suspension
- Belt-type tracks included to depict the T54E1 type found on the actual M1 Super Sherman.
- Comes with 2 crew figures and 3 types of markings.