British BSA M20 Motorcycle
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (35)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $22.50You pay: $14.84(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 35316Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Motorcycle"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Birmingham Small Arms Company has a long history as a firearms manufacturer and was also well-known as the world's largest motorcycle manufacturer during WWII. In 1939, BSA began production of a military version of their M20 commercial motorcycle that was fitted with a Lucas light and other additional equipment. It was powered by a 12hp single-cylinder 500cc side-valve engine and offered superb reliability and ease of maintenance. Modifications were made during the course of the production and late-war motorcycles featured an air filter fitted onto the fuel tank. Over 126,000 units were produced during the war and most of them were deployed with the British Army. They saw service on every front for a wide range of duties including liaison and supply convoy escort. Some were also used by the RAF and British Navy. After the war, the M20 continued to serve throughout 1950s and some were even used until the end of the 1960s.
Specs and Features
- 1/35 scale plastic assembly kit model.
- Length: 61mm, Width: 22mm.
- Distinctive features of the bike, including front/rear suspension, air filter on the fuel tank, and saddlebags, are precisely reproduced.
- Comes with 1 seated courier rider and 1 standing military police figures, both depicted in late-style motorcycle helmets, riding trousers, and boots.
- Decal sheet includes MP insignia markings.
- The package has illustrations of road signs for locations in the Normandy region of France. They can be cut out and attached to the included sign post for inclusion in a diorama.