German Army B1 Bis
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $89.00You pay: $59.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 35287Scale: 1/35View all products of type "B1 Bis"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
About the B1 bis (German Army)
After their conquest of France in 1940, the German Army took many captured French vehicles and AFVs and converted them for their own use. One such example was the Char B1 bis tank, which featured modifications such as a cupola with split hatch covers, concrete block for added protection, and various German Army standard tools. Some were even converted into flamethrower tanks. These modified tanks were issued to German units who operated them on the Eastern Front as well as on the Channel Islands. After the Normandy invasion, recaptured examples were returned to Free French forces for use until the end of the war.
About the Model
- 1/35 scale assembly model kit of a B1 bis tank as converted by the German Army.
- Modification such as split hatch covers, added concrete block armor, German-spec tools and antennas, and exhaust nozzles that set this tank apart are all accurately reproduced.
- Tracks do not require any cement for assembly.
- Comes with 4 types of unique markings to depict both German and Free French vehicles.
- Full-color painting & marking guide conveniently included as a reference.
- Also includes a historical background about the tank's deployment and exploits.
- 1 German tank crew figure in a sitting pose is included for mounting on the rear turret hatch.