German Sturmgeschutz III Ausf. B
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (24)
Customize your model: (22)
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $57.00You pay: $36.48(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 35281Scale: 1/35View all products of type "StuG III"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
After debuting to great acclaim in our 1/48 MM Series, the popular Sturmgeschutz III (StuG III) Ausf. B now makes its way to the 1/35 MM Series. With its short barreled cannon and squat, formidable hull shape, the 1/35 StuG III promises to offer boxful of modeling satisfaction.
About the German Sturmgeschutz III Ausf. B
Germany's versatile Stug III was originally designed as an assault weapon, however also came to be used as a weapon of defense as the war progressed, providing both assault gun and anti-tank support. Based on the durable Panzer III chassis, the Stug III featured a monoblock structure with an L24 75mm short barreled gun mounted directly to the hull, eliminating the revolving turret and reducing overall height. The Ausf. B was the first truly mass produced Stug III with 250 produced from June 1940. Featuring wide tracks and powered by a 230hp Maybach HL 120 TRM engine the Ausf. B boasted a top speed of 40km/h. The Ausf. B saw action during the Balkans campaign in April 1941 and Operation Barbarossa in June, 1941. The simple construction leading to low costs and easy mass production made the Stug III one of Germany's most produced armored vehicles with over 10,000 produced during WWII.
Instruction Manual Change
About the Model
- Accurate 1/35 scale model of the German Sturmgeschutz III Ausf. B assault gun.
- Cannon can be raised and lowered after assembly
- Includes fully detailed accessories to mount onto fender for full accuracy.
- Precision detailing right down to the loading device and wireless radio inside compartment.
- Comes with aluminum gun barrel and photo-etched mesh cover for engine air intake.
- Employs swing-arm type suspension.
- Includes 3 sets of markings and 1 commander figure.