British 7-ton Mk.IV Armored Car
Unassembled plastic model kit
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $22.50You pay: $15.39(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 32587Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Humber"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Mobile yet defensively capable armored cars were a necessity for forces in WWII, and the 7ton armored car filled that need amply for the British: featuring effective sloped armor, a fully-rotating turret and 4WD setup, it managed a top speed of 72km/h from its 90hp 6-cylinder engine. The Mk.IV was the final of its four variants and possessed the largest gun, with an upgrade from the previous 15mm machine gun to a 37mm weapon. It was also the most prolifically produced, and around 2,000 Mk.IVs rolled off the production line and into units across North-West Europe and Italy in the latter stages of WWII. The Mk.IV was called upon as a reconnaissance vehicle and even a command car.
About the Model
- This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit of the British Mk.IV 7ton armored car.
- Length: 95mm, width: 48mm.
- Extensive study of the real thing ensures that this model captures the sloped form of the Mk.IV with great accuracy.
- An intuitive parts breakdown makes for hassle-free assembly.
- Features a realistic depiction of the vehicle underside.
- Choose to assemble with turret crew hatch open or closed.
- Comes with a commander torso figure.
- Markings included to recreate a Polish 1st Armoured Division vehicle.