Mk.1A Whippet British Medium Tank
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $39.99You pay: $25.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Meng ModelsStock Number: MGK TS021Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Mk.1a Whippet"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The British Mk.A Whippet medium tank was developed to make up the limited mobility of the British Mk.I heavy tank and to destroy residual enemy forces in the battlefield. The tank was 6.1m long, 2.6m wide and14t heavy. It had a crew of 3. It was powered by two 45hp Tylor JB4 petrol engines which drove one track each. Its top speed could reach 13.4km/h. The polygon machine gun turret equipped with four Hotchkiss MGs was on the rear of the hull. In total, 200 Mk.A Whippet medium tanks were produced. It first saw battles in March 1918. After WWI, it was still active in the conflict areas such as Ireland and Russia. The Imperial Japanese Army once purchased six Mk.A tanks.
This 1/35 scale British Medium Tank Mk.A Whippet plastic model kit realistically represents exteriors of the real vehicle. Machine guns are movable; the drive sprockets and drive chains are finely reproduced. Cement free track links are included; three paint schemes are provided.
- The Whippet Tank Has Unique Exteriors And Classic European Style
- The Engine Is Located In The Front Of The Vehicle And The Fighting Compartment In The Rear
- Details Of Rivets Are Perfectly Represented
- Armor Plates Can Be Bent For Easy Building
- Cement-Free Snap-Fit Track Links Are Included
- Engine Grilles Have Rich Details
- Very Realistic Track Spuds Are Neatly Arranged Beside The Exhaust Pipe
- The Precisely Modeled Hotchkiss Mk.1 Machine Gun Is Movable
- This Kit Contains Yellow, Black Plastic Sprues And A Decal Sheet
Decals and painting guide for:
- B. Company, 6th Battalion, Tank Corps, British Army, May 1918
- 3rd (Light) Light Battalion, Tank Corps, British Army, August 1918
- Also includes markings for captured German and Russian Whippets.