British Heavy Tank Mk.V Male
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $105.99You pay: $67.89(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Meng ModelsStock Number: MGK TS020Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Mk.V"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
BRITISH HEAVY TANK MK.V MALE
The British Mk.V heavy tank (male) was an upgrade version of the Mk.IV tank. It kept the unique rhomboid shape of Mark series tanks and it's also the last mass production version. This vehicle was 8.05m long, 3.91m wide and 29t heavy. Thanks to the epicyclic gearbox, only one driver was needed to drive the new tank. The tank was powered by a 150hp Ricardo 6 cylinder in-line petrol engine and could drive continuously for 10 hours. The Mk.V tank (male) was fitted with two 57mm QF six-pounders and four Hotchkiss Mk.I machine guns. Mk.V tanks were first used in the Battle of Hamel in 1918, when they contributed to a successful assault by Australian units on the German lines.
This 1/35 scale British Heavy Tank Mk.V Male model kit realistically replicates the tank's riveted rhomboid hull. All hatches can be built open or closed; cement-free workable tracks are easy to assemble; the engine and interiors of driver's cabin are perfectly reproduced; sponsons of the Mk.V male tank are precisely represented.
Length: 243mm width: 112mm
- The Tank Is Replicated With Rich Details. The Riveted Armor Is Outstanding.
- This Kit Includes PE Parts For The Signal Flag On The Rear Of The Hull. The Signal Flag Is A Unique Feature Of The Early Tanks.
- The Unique Trench Crossing Device Of British Tanks Is Included In The Kit.
- This Kit Provides Cement-Free Workable Tracks.
- There Are Complete Fighting Compartment And Engine Compartment Interiors.
- Rivets On The Inside Of The Hull Are Also Represented. The Gun Breech Has Rich Details.
- A Ricardo 6 Cylinder In-Line Petrol Engine And The Gearbox Actuating Linkages Are Included.
- The Drive System Consisting Of A Chain And Springs Is The Unique Feature Of Early Tanks.
- This Kit Contains Yellow, Black Grey Plastic Sprues, PE Parts, A Decal Sheet And A Metal Chain.
Markings for 9th Battalion, Tank Corps, France 1918