Leopard 1 A3/A4 German Main Battle Tank
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (23)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $79.99You pay: $51.19(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Meng ModelsStock Number: MGK TS007Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Leopard"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
GERMAN MAIN BATTLE TANK LEOPARD 1 A3/A4
The Leopard 1 A3/A4 MBT had a crew of four. It was equipped with a L7A3 105mm rifled gun. Length - 9.54 m (gun forward); width - 3.37 m; combat weight - 42.4 tonnes; maxi. road speed - 65 km/h. It was fitted with a MB 838 CaM 500 water-cooled multi-fuel engine. The Leopard 1 A3 incorporated all the improvements of the Leopard 1 A2 but with a new welded turret of spaced armor with a wedge-shaped gun mantlet; the turret rear stowage bin was incorporated into the contour of the turret; the loader's periscope was movable in both elevation and azimuth. Leopard 1 A4 was fitted with the same turret as Leopard 1 A3, but had an integrated fire-control system, which improved the tank's combat effectiveness and also provided a far higher hit probability. The Leopard 1 MBT became a standard equipment of European forces for its extraordinary reliability and outstanding tactical mobility, and served in over a dozen countries worldwide.
This 1/35 scale Leopard 1 A3/A4 MBT plastic model kit precisely represents the shape of German AFVs. Periscopes and lights are provided with clear parts; all hatches can be modeled open or closed; armor protection for periscope and grilles for engine compartment can be precisely presented with PE parts; track links and one-piece TPE tracks are included; three options (German Leopard 1 A3/A4 or Greek Leopard 1 A3) are provided.
- Details On The Rear Leopard 1 A3/A4 Hull Are So Realistic That No Further Improvement By Modelers Is Needed.
- Excellent Decals And Grousers Greatly Improve The Appearance Of This Model.
- Pioneer Tools And Side Skirt On The Left Side Of Hull Are Perfectly Represented.
- The PE Engine Grille Looks Very Realistic.
- Turret Weld Beads, Mantlet Cover And Searchlight Are Fine And Realistic.
- Details Of MG3 Machine Gun, Commander's And Loader's Hatches Are Rich And Fine.
- One-Piece TPE Tracks And Track Links Are Both Provided For Different Needs Of Modelers.
- With The Help Of The Movable Suspension, This Model Can Be Built In The Positions Modelers Like.
- This Kit Consists Of Olive Drab And Brown Plastic Sprues, A Clear Sprue, A Set Of One-Piece TPE Tracks, Two PE Frets And A Decal Sheet.