Tiger 1 Mid Production w/ Zimmerit and Kubelwagen
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (15)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Detailed Kubelwagen newly produced
- Turret and mantlet with realistic zimmerit pattern
- Upper and bottom hull zimmerit details
- Driver's panel w/detailed interior
- Transparent windshield is accurately replicated
- Realistic fabric weather cover
- Full chassis represented
- One piece sprocket and idler wheel in great detail
- Road wheels injected as one unit - convenient to assemble and saves time
- One-piece slide-molded barrel w/hollowed muzzle brake
- Preformed metal exhaust covers
- Delicate wheels w/authentic tread pattern
- Metal cable included
- Photo-etched parts recreated
- One piece DS tracks
The German Tiger I is one of the most recognizable tanks of WWII. With its thick armor and potent 8.8cm gun, it terrorized enemy soldiers and tankers. Dragon has produced a 1/72 scale model of this formidable armored fighting vehicle, and what's special about the plastic model is the finely textured Zimmerit coating. The Mid-Production Tiger includes sharply registered decals representing s.Pz.Abt.506, a unit established on 8 May 1943. The unit received its first 45 Tiger I's the following month, and later in the year the battalion's first combat occurred in Dnieper on the Eastern Front. In the New Year it participated in the effort to relieve the Cherkassy Pocket. By the end of May 1944 it had been assigned to Army Group North Ukraine, and was involved in tough combat there. The Tiger I decals provide tactical markings for the 1st Company of the 506th Heavy Tank Battalion.
As a special bonus, the kit includes a small Kubelwagen. This is significant as it's the first time Dragon has created a model of this famous German wartime car. Although it may be small in 1/72 scale, the model is nonetheless intricately detailed. Of course, the Kubelwagen model can be adapted to many different dioramas, theaters or time periods, as selected by modelers. The fact that the Kubelwagen is accompanied by such an impressive Tiger I tank is a real bonus!