Sd.kfz.222 Leichte Panzers
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $22.00You pay: $15.19(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 7393Scale: 1/72View all products of type "Sd.Kfz 222/223"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled Sd. Kfz.222 Leichte Panzerspahwagen delicately produced
- Finely molded hull w/detail
- Full fighting compartment w/detail
- Realistic 2cm KwK 30 L/55 autocannon and MG 34 included
- Photo-etched turret can be assembled open/closed
- Sharply reproduced on-vehicle tools
- Features finely rendered taillights
- Realistic-looking headlamps included
- Intricate engine cooling grill included
- Finely molded jerry can and cargo included
- Chassis presented in full details
- Delicate wheels w/authentic tread pattern
- Well-shaped driver's seat
To support its mobile concept of modern warfare, Germany introduced a wide range of tracked and wheeled armored vehicles. One wheeled family of vehicles introduced in 1936 included 4x4 armored cars known as the Leichter Panzerspahwagen, which translates as "Light Armoured Reconnaissance Vehicle." Powered by a Horch engine, these vehicles were based on a Horch 801 heavy car chassis to which an armored body was added. Early in WWII it performed well enough as a reconnaissance vehicle for panzer divisions, although its off-road capability let it down. The base model was the Sd.Kfz.221, but Dragon is introducing a model of the derivative known as the Sd.Kfz.222. The latter vehicle is armed with a 2cm KwK.30 L/55 cannon and MG34 machine gun in an open-top turret. Three men operated the Sd.Kfz.222. Interestingly, as well as being operated by China, a dozen Sd.Kfz.222 armored cars were also sold to China.
At the last Tokyo Hobby Show, Dragon announced a whole new series of 1/72 scale kits. The first of these is the famous little Sd.Kfz.222. As a special introductory offer, Dragon is including two complete Sd.Kfz.222 models in the box. The two vehicles are supplied with different markings. These kits make use of Dragon's highest engineering expertise, meaning the armored car is well designed and easily assembled. The mesh that covers the turret is supplied as a photo-etched part so that it remains true to scale. This little reconnaissance vehicle is the perfect vehicle to lead off Dragon's newly tooled collection of 1/72 vehicle kits!