Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf.J Late Production
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (7)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $24.99You pay: $17.19(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 7372Scale: 1/72View all products of type "Panzer III"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled vision ports molded on turret
- Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.J rendered w/realistic detail
- Cupola hatched doors can be assembled open/closed
- Finely detailed hull front w/realistic MG34
- Engine deck realistically presented w/tow cable
- Intricate fenders w/detailed OVM
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull with exemplary detail
- Well-defined road wheels and sprockets
- Air deflector authentic represented with photo-etched mesh
- Exhaust pipes w/hollow ends
- Two types of cooling-air intakes are provided w/without air-intake grills
- Slide-molded hydraulic shock absorbers are crisply molded
- One-piece detailed DS tracks
The Panzer III helped form the backbone of Germany's vaunted Panzer divisions, especially in the earlier stages of WWII. To keep this medium tank competitive on the battlefield, it received a number of improvements in armor and armament throughout its life. The Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.J, manufactured between March 1941 and July 1942, was the first model to feature 50mm-thick basic frontal armor. The rear and engine deck were also redesigned owing to the hull being lengthened. Late-Production models of the Ausf.J received the longer and more effective 5cm KwK38 gun of L/60 caliber. A total of 1,549 tanks of this mark were produced, ensuring it was widely used on both the Eastern Front and in North Africa.
Dragon's brand new 1/72 scale kit of a Panzer III Ausf.J depicts a Late-Production variant. Utilizing developments and research from an earlier 1/35 scale Smart Kit counterpart, this model is another masterpiece of engineering and design. It's replete with a sizzling level of detail. This Panzer III J is fully detailed yet it offers a good balance of easy assembly through such features as DS tracks. The Ausf.J's use against T-34s and KV-1 tanks in Russia, or Grants and Valentines on North Africa's battlefields, provides modelers with ample inspiration in portraying this tank in a diorama. Modelers are supported by a selection of high-quality decal markings, making this indeed an exciting new Panzer III kit from Dragon!