AAVR-7A Amphibious Assault Vehicle
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (6)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
About The Amphibious Assault Vehicle
- Newly tooled hydraulic telescoping crane
- New recovery winch is reproduced with crisp detail
- New storage rack made from photo-etched part
- Upper and lower hull has attachment points for add-on armor kit
- Add-on armor is provided as option
- Suspension with crisp detail
- Return rollers finely reproduced
- Side stowage brackets made from photo-etched parts
- One-piece tracks made in DS
- Photo-etched mesh for smoke generator
- High quality Cartograf decal is included
The AAVP7A1 is the U.S. Marine Corps' amphibious assault vehicle, a vehicle that made its debut in its original guise as far back as 1971. The vehicle continues to soldier on, currently serving in rugged environments like those of Iraq. A pair of derivatives of the standard personnel carrier is the command version and the recovery version. The latter is known as the AAVR7A1, and is fitted with a hydraulic telescoping boom crane with a 2700kg lift capacity. A 13,500kg capacity winch also assists in recovery operations.
Dragon will release a brand new kit of this specialist Recovery version of the AAV7. The 1/72 kit is based on the previously released AAVP7A1, but with all the necessary parts such as the crane and winch to convert it into the Recovery variant. The result is a highly accurate model that is easy to assemble. Besides these items, other relevant details have been upgraded with photo-etched parts. The original vehicle operates with a crew of five, and it contains a range of cutting and welding tools to assist in its maintenance support functions. It provides Marine commanders with a mobile and amphibious workshop, while this delightful kit from Dragon provides plenty of pleasure for modelers in their own workshops!