Pz.Kpfw.IV L/70(A) Final Production - Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (9)
Customize your model: (23)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled hull roof rendered w/bolt detail
- Newly tooled one-piece slide-molded lower hull
- Pz.Kpfw.IV L/70A rendered w/excellent detail
- Gun Travel lock can be assembled in either combat/travel modes
- Vorsatz P mount w/MP44 realistically presented
- Realistic sight rail provided
- Roof hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Gun mantlet made by 4-directional slide mold
- Side-skirt armor plates can be installed separately
- Side-skirt armor (w/photo-etched parts) produced in meta for true-to-scale appearance
- Fully detailed brackets for side-skirt armor produced
- Realistic return rollers included
- One-piece superstructure realistically reproduced w/slide mold
- Brake access hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Gun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- Periscope made from clear part
- Gun sight and hand wheels w/well-defined detail
- Gun breech fully detailed
- Side fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- Injection-molded fenders made to thinnest possible dimensions
- Both one-piece and separate hinges for periscope cover to allow open or closed assembly
- Flame-dampening exhausts included
- Hatches on engine deck can be assembled open/closed
- Finely detailed rear hull made by slide mold
- Intricate OVM arrangement
- Extendable jack w/separate parts
- Resilient steel road wheels and return rollers
- Sprocket and idler wheels w/delicate detail
- Road wheels and suspension w/multiple components exhibit crisp detail
- Magic Tracks are detailed on all surfaces
Germany produced a number of tank destroyers in an effort to resist the tide of armor pushing against it from all sides. One of these designs was the Panzer IV/70(A). As indicated by its name, this vehicle was based on an unchanged Panzer IV chassis (specifically an Ausf.J) and it was produced by Alkett as an interim design. A total of 278 tank-killer vehicles were produced concurrently with the more common Jagdpanzer IV/70(V) from August 1944 to March 1945. A long-barreled 7.5cm PaK 42 gun was mounted in the superstructure. The nose-heavy attitude of the vehicle dictated that the first four road wheels be steel-rimmed, while the vertical lower sides of the superstructure visually distinguish this type from the Jagdpanzer IV/70(V).
Dragon has created another 1/35 scale version of this important tank destroyer. It's based on Item No.6689, itself based on Dragon's Panzer IV Smart Kit family. This newest Pz.Kpfw.IV/70(A) family member is a Late-Production type, and the major difference is that it possesses a modified hull derived from a later-production series of the Panzer IV. The suspension features three return rollers per side, plus there are other detail differences appropriate to a Late-Production vehicle. As a Smart Kit, there's a one-piece lower hull, convenient Magic Tracks and the fighting compartment is made by slide molds so no multipart assembly is necessary. There are Schurzen side skirts and of special interest is the mounted MP44 Vorsatz "P", a weapon with a curved barrel to protect blind-spots not covered by the mounted MG42 machine gun. The gun breech is fully represented, and it can be viewed through the open roof hatches. Welcome to the new family addition!