IJA Type 95 Light Tank "Ha-Go" Hokuman Version
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly designed 3 directional slide-molded machine gun for Type 95 can be optionally assembled
- Type 95 rendered w/excellent details
- 3-directional slide-molded ball mount for 7.7mm Type 97 machine gun
- Factory name authentically molded on the surface of tire
- Road wheels realistically produced in separate parts
- Suspension system realistically represented with multiple parts
- Multi-part sprocket wheels have breathtaking detail
- Extra wheel provided as options for suspension system
- Turret for 37mm Type 94 tank gun made by irregular 5-directional slide-molded technology
- Opening for the 7.7mm Types 97 machine gun mount is produced by slide-mold technology
- Turret ring molded w/intricate details
- 4-directional slide-molded upper hull w/river detail
- Slide-molded lower hull molded w/details
- Both front and rear fenders made by slide-mold technology
- Slide-molded lower glacis plate features rivet details
- Separate tow hook
- Hatches with photo-etched parts can be assembled open/closed
- Cupola ring made by slide mold
- Hatches on glacis plate can be assembled open/closed
- Hatches on upper hull can be assembled open/closed
- Vision port cover can be assembled in either injection-molded plastic or clear parts
- Intricate ventilator cover can be assembled open/closed
- Photo-etched mesh added to ventilators' cover
- Hollowed exhaust pipe w/photo-etched exhaust cover
- Red hull details accurately produced
- Smoke grenade launcher fitted on the side of the turret
- One-piece 37mm Type 94 gun barrel
- Detailed stowage box included
- Sharply produced on-vehicle tools
- Intricate 7.7 mm Type 97 machine gun produced in separate parts
- Holes molded on gun barrel made by slide-mold technology
- One-piece DS tracks reproduced
Dragon introduced an exciting new 1/35 scale Type 95 "Ha-Go" Early Production in 2012 and it was an instant hit. Now one more family gem is coming this year. This time it's a Hokuman version, with 'Hokuman' being the Japanese term for northern China. This Type 95 light tank was used in northern China in combat against Soviet forces. Weighing just 7.4 tonnes, the "Ha-Go" was designed primarily as an infantry support weapon. Indeed, it was the most common light tank used by the IJA, with about 2,300 units manufactured. It had a crew of three, and the main armament was a Type 94 37mm gun. Its maximum speed was 45km/h.
Although it's a small vehicle, Dragon's new 1/35 scale kit is brimming with detail, something facilitated by the widespread use of slide molds. In fact, every single sprue employs slide molds, which is an astounding achievement! For example, the turret is of single-piece construction, with the multi-directional slide mold allowing the rivets to be rendered. The lower hull comes as one piece and has the correct armor panels and bolts on it. The upper hull is also one piece. This kit includes all the new parts needed to create a Hokuman version. Perhaps the most obvious difference is the bell crank suspension, which appears 'upside down' compared to the previous kit, while a new third small wheel is included within the bogies. Also new is a different machine gun. This extremely exciting subject from Dragon now allows modelers to produce a Japanese tank fighting against the Soviet tanks!