Pz.Kpfw.III 5cm (t) Ausf.G
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (30)
Customize your model: (25)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $66.99You pay: $44.89(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6773Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer III"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly designed Pz.Kpfw.III(5cm)(T) Ausf.G
- Finely produced smoke grenades w/photo-etched chains
- Armor plate realistically represented w/weld seams
- Fine details w/photo-etched parts
- Hatches on engine deck can be assembled open/closed
- Fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- 5cm Kw.K38 L/42 gun w/astonishing details
- Hatches on glacis plate can be assembled open/closed
- 3-directional slide-molded turret is assembled from separate parts
- Slide-molded torsion bars included
- One-piece lower hull w/exquisite detail
- Full detail on lower-hull sides
- Fully detailed weld seams on hull bottom
- 5-directional slide-molded commander's cupola authentically recreates structural details
- Cupola hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Complete gun assembly reproduced w/full detail
- Gun barrel and mantlet are slide-molded
- 3-directional slide-molded gun sleeve for greater detail
- Starter crank port cover can be assembled open/closed
- Delicate exhaust pipes
- Injection-molded OVM w/clasps
- Hollowed-out undercut on turret bottom included
- Slide-molded hydraulic shock absorbers are fully detailed
- Detailed suspension swing arms
- Detailed idler wheels and track tension adjusters
- Final-drive housing covers are seprate parts for maximum detail
- Accurate sprocket wheels
- Road wheels w/accurate detail
- Realistic cover molded on hull rear
Injection-molded tow cables for engine deck w/brackets included
After German forces had swept across Western Europe as undisputed champion in 1940, the lone resistance came from the British Isles. It was planned that Germany would conduct an amphibious invasion of Great Britain under the codename Operation Sea Lion, and to this end a number of Panzer IIIs were especially converted into diving tanks. These were known as the Tauchpanzer III, and they had the ability to drive along the seafloor totally submerged thanks to a breathing apparatus. During the planned invasion, they would have been lowered from ships onto the seafloor near the coast and they could then drive onto the shore. In the end these tanks were not used to cross the English Channel as it was decided to bring Britain to its knees via the Luftwaffe instead.
Dragon's newest 1/35 kit portrays a Tauchpanzer III Ausf.G, which was the most common version of this customized tank. It carries a 5cm gun. It's based on Dragon's previously released Panzer III G kit, as well as parts from the earlier Ausf.F Tauchpanzer kit. The box contains all the necessary parts to make the diving tank, including waterproofing parts for the gun shield and turret ring. This is an absolutely fascinating kit and modelers have long been waiting for a model of this particular variant. Even though the Tauchpanzer wasn't used in earnest in the English Channel, they were used during the massive invasion of the Soviet Union so this opens up modeling opportunities. This excellent Tauchpanzer 'diving tank' kit will have modelers 'diving' into model shops to obtain it.