IJA Type 95 Light Tank "Ha-Go" Early - Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly designed Type 95 rendered w/excellent details
- 4-directional slide-molded upper hull w/rivet detail
- Slide-molded lower hull w/details
- Both front and rear fenders made by slide-mold technology
- Slide-molded glacis plate freatures rivet details
- Speparate tow hook
- Turrent for 37mm Type 94 tank gunmade by irregular 5-directional slide-molded technology
- Opening for 7.7mm Type 97 machine gun mount is produced by slide-molded tehcnology
- Turret ring model w/intricate details
- Hatches with photo-etched parts can be assembled open/closed
- Cupola ring made by slide mold
- Hatches on upper hull can be assembled open/closed
- Vision port cover can be assembled in either injection-molded plastic or clear parts
- Intricate ventilator cover can be assembled open/closed
- Photo-etched mesh added to ventilator's cover
- Hollowed exhaust pipe w/photo-etched exhaust cover
- Rear hull details accurately produced
- Smoke grenade launcher fitted on teh side of the turret
- One-piece 37mm Type 94 gun barrel
- Detailed stowage box included
- Hatches on glacis plate can be assembled open/closed
- Sharply produced on-vehicle tools
- Intricate 7.7mm Type 97 machine gun produced in separate parts
- Holes molded on gun barrel made by slide-mold technology
- 3-directional slide-molded ball mount for 7.7mm Type 97 machine gun
- Road wheels realistically produced in separate parts
- Suspension system realistically represented with multiple parts
- Multi-part sprocket wheels have breathtaking detail
Dragon has introduced a great many exciting new kits in 2012, and there is one more 1/35 scale AFV gem to come this year. The new item is a Type 95 "Ha-Go" light tank of the Imperial Japanese Army (IJA). The Type 95 tank was used in combat against China and Russia, as well as fully participating in operations in WWII. Weighing just 7.4 tonnes, it was designed primarily as an infantry support weapon. Indeed, it was the most common light tank used by the IJA in the Pacific, with about 2,300 units manufactured. It had a crew of three, and the main armament was a Type 94 37mm gun. Its maximum speed was 45km/h.
The kit depicts an Early-Production variant and it's based on actual measurements from real tanks. Although it's a small vehicle, Dragon's 1/35 scale kit is brimming with detail, something facilitated by the widespread use of slide molds. In fact, every single sprue in the kit employs slide molds, which is an astounding achievement! For example, the turret is of single-piece construction, with the multi-directional slide mold allowing details such as rivets to be rendered. The commander's cupola is a similar story. The one piece lower hull has the correct armor panels and bolts on it. The upper hull is also one piece, and the gun barrel has a hollow end. The road wheels, idlers, sprockets and return rollers are slide-molded too. The DS slide-molded track links are accurately replicated in miniature so as to incorporate side details. This is an extremely exciting subject from Dragon, and because the Ha-Go was used in such diverse locations, modelers can produce any scenario such as jungle-clad terrain or a Pacific island!