15cm Sturm-infanteriegeschutz 33 - Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (5)
Customize your model: (17)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $66.00You pay: $44.29(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6749Scale: 1/35View all products of type "sIG-33"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled slide-molded engine deck
- Newly designed 15cm Sturm-Infanteriegeschutz 33 rendered w/intricate details
- Newly produced 40cm DS tracks
- s.IG.33 cannon can be assembled in different elevations
- Realistic stowage boxes installed
- Gun travel lock reproduced
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/exquisite detail
- Fully detailed weld seams on hull bottom
- Full detail on lower hull sides
- Superstructure produced by 3-directional slide mold
- Slide-molded engine deck
- Slide-molded cooling-air intake
- Photo-etched air intake grills
- Injection-molded fender and support for maximum realism
- Photo-etched deflector plus starter crank port cover can be assembled open/closed
- Fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- Aluminum gun barrel designs for s.IG.33
- Slide-molded hydraulic shock absorbers are fully detailed
- Detailed suspension swing arms
- Exhaust pipes w/hollow ends
- Final-drive housing covers are separate parts for maximum detail
- Accurate drive sprockets
- Road wheels w/accurate detail
- Delicate idler wheels and track tension adjusters
The Sturm-Infanteriegeschutz 33B was a German infantry assault gun. It featured a 15cm sIG33/1 infantry gun fitted in a boxy superstructure that was mounted on a III chassis. Just 24 of these 21-tonne weapons were produced by AlkettThis self-propelled gun was used exclusively on the Eastern Front. Half fought in the bloody Battle of Stalingrad from October 1942 onwards, where their heavy guns could effectively demolish buildings in the bitter urban combat. The remaining vehicles deployed with the 23rd Panzer Division trying to break the encirclement of the 6th Army.
Dragon's new 1/35 scale model of the Sturm-Infanteriegeschutz 33 completes the '33B' family. A new part is the front plate with its two associated hatches. It shares the same slide-molded fighting compartment superstructure, internal details such as the mount for the sIG33 gun, and large stowage boxes on the rear deck. The metal gun barrel even has realistic rifling so that it looks exactly right. The running gear and DS Tracks have been borrowed from Dragon's newest Panzer III kits, meaning they're of the highest quality. With this assault gun, Dragon has delivered a fantastically well-engineered model.