Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.A Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (31)
Customize your model: (23)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $66.00You pay: $44.29(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6747Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer IV"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.A rendered with fine details
- Newly tooled turret
- Upper hull w/integral engine deck
- One-piece lower hull made from slide molds
- Bottom of lower hull molded w/full detail
- Highly detailed hatches on engine deck
- Turret side-hatch rain guards made from photo-etched parts
- Bolts and rivets are accurately represented
- Hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Antiaircraft mount and mounting steps fitted on side of hull superstructure
- Commander's hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Great detail on hull rear
- Delicated rendered air intakes and photo-etched tool clamps
- Injection-molded fenders made to thinnest possible dimensions
- Seats for commander, loader and gunner included
- Turret turntable w/accurate floor pattern
- Realistically designed road wheels and hubcaps
- Separate parts for armored suspension covers
- Realistic suspension w/multiple components actually works like the real vehicles
- Tailight made from photo-etched part
- Detailed on-vehicle tools w/clasps are injection molded
- Additional on-vehicle tools without clasps
- Idler adjuster mountings have the most accurate details possible w/details inside
- Muffler made from multiple parts for greater detail
- Slide-molded track links w/authentic central guide horn
- Both left-side and right-side tracks accurately modeled
- Early 38cm track links Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.A
- Sprocket wheels w/breathtaking detail and multiple delicate parts
- Optional bolts for added detail
- Final-drive housing w/details on both sides
- Separate armored cover for final-drive housing
- Extendable jack w/separate parts
- Headlight w/clear lens inside
- Turret turnable unit included
Dragon has been slowly adding to the popular Panzer IV family tree in 1/35 scale, and now it has completed the grand slam with the release of the Ausf.A. At last Dragon is able to offer a modern and accurate kit of every member of the Panzer IV family the A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and J! The Ausf.A was obviously the grandfather, with 35 tanks produced from October 1937 to March 1938. The design featured a short-barreled 7.5cm KwK37 L/24 main gun and two MG34 machine guns. A crew of five operated the Sd.Kfz.161 tank. Maximum armor thickness on the 18.4-ton design was 15mm. The Panzer IV Ausf.A saw service in the 1939-40 campaigns in Poland, Norway and France, but it had been withdrawn by the time the invasion of Russia occurred in 1941.
As the final link in the chain, this 1/35 scale plastic kit features a tremendous number of new parts. These include the turret, commander's cupola, upper hull and associated hatches. Also brand new are antiaircraft MG mount and early-style 38cm tracks. The latter are Magic Tracks to make sure they're simple to assemble. Furthermore, two types of road wheels are included. As Dragon's final member in the family of tanks that proved invaluable to the German war effort, this kit is rich in new parts and in Dragon pedigree!