SAS 1/4ton 4x4 Patrol Car
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (25)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $48.25You pay: $32.69(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6745Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Jeep/M-38/151"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Authentic Patrol Car w/excellent rendering detail
- Realistic Vickers K machine guns w/superb details
- Realistic produced .50 cal and Vickers 'K' MGs w/photo-etched parts
- Condenser and modified front grille accurately replicated
- Detailed dashboard and driver's compartment
- Well-defined engine grille
- Complex engine represented by multiple parts
- Slide-molded upper and lower body tubs
- Well-detailed seats w/realistic cloth pattern
- Compartment sides rendered w/rivets and fine details
- Finely detailed steering mechanism and suspension system
- Highly detailed chassis
- Photo-etched channels on rear of the Patrol Car
- Detachable jerrycans w/photo-etched straps
- Well-detailed wheels produced w/authentic tire tread pattern
- realistic 1/35 scale figures included
Joining Dragon's previously released 1/35 scale plastic kit of a Desert Raider 4x4 Truck is this second kit with a different weapons configuration! The famed Special Air Service (SAS) of the British Army was formed in July 1941 by David Stirling. It was a commando force designed to operate deep behind enemy lines, something it did very successfully. Specially adapted vehicles were used in North Africa, including the famous 4x4 1/4-ton Truck, though heavily modified for its behind-the-lines role. The vehicle began appearing in July 1942. They were generally stripped down to save weight and, for operations in the hot climate, the grill was removed and a water condenser fitted. Weapons such as Lewis and Vickers K machine guns were mounted for use against ground or aerial targets.
Dragon's newest 1/35 scale kit depicts a vehicle heavily modified for desert operations by the SAS and LRDG. It is heavily loaded with weaponry different to the preceding kit release. While it still has a Vickers K twin machine gun up front, in the rear is a .50-cal machine gun. As before, jerry cans containing spare fuel and water, to allow reconnaissance missions deep behind the frontlines, are added. Even the complete engine is included, which allows a modeler to depict a maintenance scene. Also of great utility is this kit's brand new two-man crew, showing SAS members in typical garb. When this kit and the earlier one are combined, modelers have the makings of a potent SAS team ready to range across the desert sands of North Africa!