1/4 Ton Armored 4x4 Truck w/.50-cal MG Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (20)
Customize your model: (23)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled 1/4 Ton 4x4 Truck
- Newly tooled engine grille
- Newly tooled cab armored plate
- Newly produced well-defined wheels w/authentic tread pattern
- On-vehicle tools w/newly produced photo-etched parts included
- Delicate headlamp w/photo-etched parts is included
- Slide-mold jerrycans w/photo-etched racks represented by multiple parts
- Delicate .50 cal machine gun installed
- Detailed dashboard & driver's compartment
- Armored plate over front grille
- One-piece slide-molded body tub
- Well-detailed seats w/realistic cloth pattern
- Compartment sides rendered w/rivets and fine details
- Highly detailed steering mechanism and suspension system
- Highly detailed chassis
- Complex engine represented by multiple parts
The military vehicle known in official US nomenclature as Truck, 1/4 Ton, 4x4, is probably the world's most famous design in its class. This iconic WWII vehicle was produced from 1941-45, with more than 634,000 rolling off American production lines. They faithfully served not only the US military, but also allies like the UK, France and Russia. These small 4x4 vehicles were employed in numerous battlefield tasks, with one role being that of reconnaissance and scouting. Some vehicles involved in such missions were fitted with steel plates to better protect the occupants, and early efforts soon led to the fitting of specially designed armor kits. The 82nd Airborne Division, for example, was one unit that created a standardized armor kit. Such recce vehicles were also armed with machine guns.
Dragon has produced an exciting 1/35 scale kit of a 1/4-Ton Armored 4x4 Truck. The vehicle features a solid one-piece body tub that ensures accurate assembly and alignment. Under the hood is an extremely realistic-looking engine that assembles from multiple parts and it can be shown off if the modeler chooses to model the hood up. The vehicle is ready for reconnaissance tasks with a set of armor plates rendered in photo-etched metal to give a true-to-scale appearance. Other photo-etched components provide finer details such as tool mounting brackets, hood retainers and various straps. For self-defense, the vehicle also carries a .50-cal machine gun on a pintle mount. All in all, this is one extremely effective reconnaissance vehicle!