s.I.G.33 auf Fgst.Pz.Kpfw.III(Sfl.) Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (5)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $82.00You pay: $54.59(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6713Scale: 1/35View all products of type "sIG-33"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled superstructure produced by 3-directional slide mold
- Newly tooled slide-molded engine deck
- Brand new Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 realistically produced
- Newly produced lower hull w/detail on sides
- Gun can be adjusted up/down
- Recoil system rendered w/realistic details
- Realistic tool box installed
- Photo-etched deflector plus starter crank port cover can be assembled open/closed
- Superstructure hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Injection-nolded tow cables for engine deck w/cable brackets included
- Armor plates feature realistic weld seams
- Aluminum gun barrel designed for s.I.G.33
- s.I.G.33 gun mount accurately represents the real thing
- Recoil system rendered realistic bolt detail
- Aluminum gun barrel w/rifling finely reproduced
- Fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- Injection-molded fender and photo-etched support for maximum realism
- Slide-molded cooling air intake
- Photo-etched air-intake grills
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/exquisite detail
- Fully detailed weld seams on hull bottom
- Delicate idler wheels and track tension adjusters
- Final-drive housing covers are separate parts for maximum detail
- Accurate drive sprockets
- Road wheels w/accurate detail
- Slide-molded hydraulic shock adborbers are fully detailed
- Detailed suspension swing arms
- Exhaust pipes w/hollow ends
- Delicate Magic Tracks reproduced
The sIG33 auf Fgst.Pz.Kpfw.III(Sfl.) was a heavy infantry gun mounted on a StuG.III chassis. It's also the subject of Dragon's newest 1/35 scale kit release. Fortunately, modelers will find this kit much easier to assemble than it is to say or spell its name! The Sturm-Infanteriegeschutz 33B featured a 15cm sIG33/1 gun in its boxy superstructure. Just 24 of these 21-tonne weapons were produced by Alkett from December 1941 onwards. They utilized a StuG.III Ausf.E or F/8 chassis. Five crewmen operated this self-propelled gun that was used exclusively on the Eastern Front. Half fought in the bloody Battle of Stalingrad from October 1942 onwards, where their heavy guns could effectively demolish buildings in the bitter urban combat. The remaining vehicles didn't reach Stalingrad because the German 6th Army was encircled by that time, so instead they deployed with the 23rd Panzer Division.
Dragon's 1/35 scale new model of the s.I.G.33 auf Fgst.Pz.Kpfw.III(Sfl.) bears no relation or comparison to the old Sturm-Infanteriegeschutz 33B kit released many years ago. The lower hull is brand new, as is the slide-molded fighting compartment superstructure. Even internal details such as the mount for the sIG33 gun are all new, as are the large stowage boxes on the rear deck. The running gear and Magic Tracks have been borrowed from Dragon's newest Panzer III kits, meaning they're of the highest and latest quality. The old kit used to be very popular with modelers, and now Dragon has delivered a fantastic new model that will satisfy the highest demands of contemporary modelers.