Pz.Kpfw.IV L/70 Tank Destroyer
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (9)
Customize your model: (23)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $73.00You pay: $48.79(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6689Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Jagdpanzer IV"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled Pz.IV L/70(A)
- Newly tooled Vorsatz P mount w/MP44 produced
- Gun travel lock can be assembled in either combat or travel modes
- Realistic sight rail provided
- Commander's hatch can be assembled open/closed
- Gun mantlet made by 4-directional slide mold
- Superstructure roof rendered w/bolt detail
- Side-skirt armor plates can be installed separately
- Side-skirt armor w/photo-etched parts produced in metal for true-to-scale appearance
- One-piece superstructure made by slide mold
- Fully detailed brackets for side-skirt armor produced
- Realistic return rollers included
- Access hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Hatches on engine deck can be assembled open/closed
- Flame-dampening exhaust included
- One-piece lower hull made from slide molds
- Gun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- Periscope made from clear part
- Gun sight and hand wheels w/well-defined detail
- Gun breech fully detailed
- Side fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- Injection-molded fenders made to thinnest possible dimensions
- Both one-piece or separate periscope hatch provided to allow open or closed assembly
- Finely detailed rear hull made by slide mold
- Intricate OVM arrangement
- Extendable jack w/separate parts
- Sprocket and idler wheels w/delicate detail
- Resilient steel road wheels and return rollers
- Road wheels and suspension w/multiple components exhibit crisp detail
- Magic Tracks are detailed on all surfaces
Germany produced a number of tank destroyers in an effort to resist the tide of armor pushing against it on all sides. One of these designs was the Panzer IV/70(A). As indicated by its name, this vehicle was based on an unchanged Panzer IV chassis (specifically an Ausf.J) and it was produced by Alkett as an interim design. A total of 278 tank-killers were produced concurrently with the more common Jagdpanzer IV/70(V) from August 1944 to March 1945. A long-barreled 7.5cm PaK 42 gun was mounted in the superstructure. The nose-heavy attitude of the vehicle dictated that the first four road wheels be steel-rimmed. The vertical lower sides of this superstructure quickly distinguish this type from the Jagdpanzer IV/70(V).
Dragon has created a "killer kit" with a 1/35 scale version of this important tank destroyer! It's based on the company's Panzer IV Smart Kit family, but it boasts a great many new parts. As a Smart Kit, there's a one-piece lower hull, convenient Magic Tracks and on-vehicle tools featuring crisp detail. The fighting compartment is made by slide mold so that no multipart assembling is necessary. The schurzen side screens follow the same design of those used on the Panzer IV J Late Production kit (Item No.6575), these having already attracted praise from modelers. Of special interest, too, is the MP44 Vorsatz "P". This mounted weapon with a curved barrel could be used to protect blind-spots not covered by the mounted MG42 machine gun. The gun breech is fully represented, and it can be viewed through the open roof hatches. This Panzer IV L/70(A) was announced earlier in 2011, and the wait has been well worth it!