Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (20)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $89.95You pay: $59.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6657Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Vk.45.02"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled upper hull w/details
- Photo-etched engine deck grills
- Interlocking plates realistically rendered on both hull and turret
- Detailed hull side molded w/weld seams
- Slide-molded lower hull w/bolt details
- Loader's hatch upgraded w/interior details
- Close-defense weapon can be assembled open/closed
- Upgraded frontal MG can rotate
- Set of on-vehicle tools comes without clamps
- Photo-etched on-vehicle tool clamps
- Rear turret hatch can be modeled open/closed
- Photo-etched parts for details of the rear turret hatch interior
- Pistol port on rear turret hatch can be aseembled open/closed
- Pistol port comes w/chain when assembled open
- Photo-etched parts for additional plates on turret sides
- Multi-direction slide-molded cupola
- Cupola w/fine interior details - head pad and clear parts
- Separate commander's hatch swivel arm
- Delicately detailed suspension system
- One-piece DS tracks
Dragon has launched a mightily impressive 1/35 scale kit of one of these prototypes - VK.45.02(P)H with the turret mounted well to the rear of the hull. Although the original vehicle was a mere prototype, the design possesses a distinctive shape readily captured in the kit. The one-piece upper hull is a brand new molding, with a unique deck layout. It also carries the Porsche turret later assigned to the Tiger II. The kit benefits from high-quality parts from Dragon's previous Elefant/Ferdinand kits too. The 8.8cm gun is represented by a one-piece aluminum barrel, while photo-etched parts depict the engine deck grill. There are also easy-to-assemble DS tracks. It should be noted this Dragon kit differs from the VK.45.02(P)V kit previously released in the Cyber Hobby White Box range. This "H" version of this prototype offers modelers something new to turn their creative talents onto.