Sd.Kfz.167 StuG.IV Last-Production Smart-kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (6)
Customize your model: (25)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $72.95You pay: $48.79(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6647Scale: 1/35View all products of type "StuG IV"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Engine hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Armor skirt support brackets
- include photo-etched metal
- Newly tooled hatch handle provided as options
- Rear brackets presented in photot-etched parts
- Slide-molded periscopes for commander's cupola made from clear parts
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull
- Bolts and rivets delicately represented on hull bottom
- Realistic lower hull made by 2-directional slide mold
- Includes fuel tank filler mouths
- Newly designed gun travel lock can be assembled in travel or combat mode
- Newly tooled StuG.IV Last Production reproduced
- Newly tooled metal armor skirts provided as individual pieces
- Newly tooled armor skirt support rails w/photo-etched detail
- True-to-scale fenders w/crisp detail
- Easy-to-assemble upper hull
- Multi-part upper hull offers maximum detail
- Fighting-compartment armor w/accurate weld seams
- Optional rain guard on fighting compartment
- One-piece gun barrel
- Optional slide-molded muzzle brakes can be fitted
- Gun mantlet rendered w/realistic cast texture
- Cannon can be elevated up/down
- Newly tooled exhaust pipes represented as per originals
- Gun breech and recoil guard fully reproduced
- Gun sight and hand wheels w/delicate detail
- Recoil and recuperator cylinders accurately represented
- Multi-directional slide-molded superstructure
- Radio set and seat included
- Delicate roof armor w/accurate weld seams
- Screw heads finely reproduced
- Driver's hatch w/interior detail can be assembled open/closed
- Slide-molded engine deck w/bolt detail
- Hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Commander's hatch w/interior details can be assembled open/closed
- MG shield accurately reproduced w/bolt details
- Authentic-looking MG34
- Optional butt stock included
- Detailed suspension system reproduced
- Photo-etched parts for idlers to accurately represent undercut detail
- Road wheels, sprockets, idlers and return rollers authentically reproduced
- One-piece 40cm DS tracks
The Sturmgeschutz IV (also known as Sd.Kfz.167) was an assault gun produced in similar fashion to the more numerically common StuG.III. However, as its name suggests, it was based on the hull of the Panzer IV tank rather than the Panzer III. This came about because Alkett (a manufacturer of the StuG.III) was bombed in November 1943. Therefore, in an effort to increase assault gun production numbers, Krupp installed slightly modified StuG.III superstructures on the chassis of the Panzer IV. After production was approved on 6 December 1943, Krupp proceeded to build 1,108 StuG.IV vehicles between December 1943 and May 1945. While this number was far less than the StuG.III, Krupp did help ensure continuity of assault gun production. Crewed by four men, the StuG.IV proved an effective tank hunter. It weighed 23 tonnes and was armed with a capable 7.5cm StuK40 L/48 gun.
Dragon has already introduced 1/35 scale Smart Kits depicting Early-Production, Mid-Production and Late-Production variants of the StuG.IV tank destroyer. To complete the family, now comes the Last-Production type, which is distinguished by completely new side skirts and associated brackets. The skirts have a characteristic stepped appearance.
This new Last-Production version is accurately tooled and it has correct details such as new handles on the gearbox hatches. The box includes convenient DS Tracks, separate metal armor skirt plates and high-quality Cartograf decals to complete the StuG.IV family!