Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.G Early Production - Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (30)
Customize your model: (28)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $62.99You pay: $42.69(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6639Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer III"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Brand new Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.G realistically produced w/authentic detail
- Slide-molded engine deck for Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.G Early Production
- Engine hatches can be assembled open or closed
- Armor plate realistically presented w/weld seams
- Injection-molded tow cable for engine deck w/cable brackets included
- Hollowed-out undercut on turret bottom included
- Starter crank port cover can be assembled open or closed
- 5cm Kw.K 38 L/42 gun w/delicate detail
- Complete gun assembly reproduced w/full detail
- Gun barrel and mantlet are slide-molded
- 3-directional slide-molded gun sleeve for greater detail
- Fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- Rear hull accurately tooled w/smoke candle rack
- Cupola hatches can be assembled open or closed
- Vision ports w/open or closed option
- 5-directional slide-molded commander's cupola authentically recreates structural details
- Turret side hatches can be assembled open/closed w/interior details
- Gearbox access hatches finely recreated
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/exquisite detail
- Full detail on lower hull sides
- Fully detailed weld seams on hull bottom
- Turret realistically made by 3-directional slide mold
- Slide-molded torsion bars included
- Slide-molded cooling air intake
- Photo-etched air-intake grills
- Injection-molded plastic fender catch for accurate presentation
- Idler wheels reproduced
- Detailed track tension adjuster
- Final-drive housing covers are separate parts for maximum detail
- Accurate sprocket wheels
- Road wheels w/accurate detail
- Slide-molded hydraulic shock absorbers are fully detailed
- Detailed suspension swing arms
- Injection-molded on-vehicle tools have clasp detail
- Exhaust pipes w/hollow ends
- Toolbox w/padlock produced by slide mold
- 38cm Magic Tracks
The Panzer III was a medium-class tank, which, at the onset of Operation Barbarossa, was numerically the most important tank in Germany's panzer divisions. However, with the advent of more heavily armored and up-gunned enemy tanks, production of the Pz.Kpfw.III ceased in 1943. One of the models produced in the interim was the Ausf.G, with the majority of this type featuring a more powerful 5cm KwK 38 L/42 main gun mounted in an external mantlet. It was a marked improvement over the original 3.7cm gun. Armor on the front, sides and rear was upgraded to a thickness of 30mm. A total of 600 Ausf.G tanks were produced from April 1940 to February 1941 by German factories, and they served in places like the Eastern Front and North Africa.
Dragon is proud to launch its very first 1/35 scale Smart Kit of the Panzer III G tank. Already the kit lineup includes the E, F, H and J, and now the G has arrived! The kit's parts are among the highest quality from Dragon's Panzer III family. As a Smart Kit, it draws upon the technical and technological expertise of Dragon's kit designers, plus it has a perfect balance between easy assembly and accuracy. The upper hull is slide molded as a single piece, as is the accurate lower hull. The turret is made from a 3-directional slide mold. Photo-etched pieces such as mesh for the cooling air grills are offered. The plastic tank also features an interesting range of Cartograf decal markings. This Ausf.G Early-Production kit fills a significant gap in Dragon's 1/35 Panzer III family!