Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. F Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (28)
Customize your model: (22)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $59.99You pay: $38.60(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6632Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer III"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled slide-molded engine deck for Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.F Initial Production
- Newly tooled starter crank port cover can be assembled open or closed
- Newly tooled idler wheels
- Brand new Pz.III Ausf.F realistically produced w/authentic detail
- Complete gun assembly reproduced w/full detail
- Brand new 3.7cm Kw.K L/46.5 gun w/delicate detail
- Gun barrel and mantlet are slide molded
- 3-directional slide-molded gun sleeve for greater detail
- Engine hatches can be assembled open or closed
- Armor plate realistically presented w/weld seam
- Fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- Rear full accurately tooled w/smoke candle rack
- Cupola hatches can be assembled open or closed
- Vision ports w/open or closed option
- Slide-molded cooling air intake
- Photo-etched air-intake grills
- Injection plastic fender lock for accurate presentation
- Gearbox access hatches finely designed
- Side hatches can be assembled open or closed w/interior details
- 5-directional slide-molded commander's cupola authentically recreates structural details
- Hollowed-out undercut on turret bottom included
- Detailed track tension adjuster
- Turret realistically made by 3-directional slide molds
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/exquisite detail
- Lower hull sides come w/full detail
- Fully detailed weld seams on hull bottom
- Slide-molded torsion bars included
- Slide-molded hydraulic shock absorbers are well detailed
- Detailed suspension swing arms
- Final-drive housing covers are separate parts for maximum detail
- Accurate sprocket wheels
- Road wheels w/accurate detail
- Injection-molded on-vehicle tools have clasp detail
- Exhaust pipes w/hollow ends
- Toolbox w/padlock produced by slide mold
- 38cm Magic Tracks
Dragon already sports an impressive line-up in its 1/35 scale series of Panzer III tank variants, although most happen to be late-production types. However, for the sake of completion, a new variant is about to join the ranks - a Panzer III Ausf.F! In actual fact there weren't many differences between the earlier Ausf.E and its successor the Ausf.F. A different ignition system was installed plus cast air intakes were soon fitted on the upper hull plate to improve air circulation for the brakes and final drive.
Dragon's kit represents an original Ausf.F vehicle mounting a 3.7cm Kw.K L/46.5 main gun. Many of the 435 production variants saw combat on the Western Front from May 1940 onwards i.e. in the early part of WWII. The last known combat service of an Ausf.F was in June 1944, meaning these tanks saw considerable action in German panzer divisions.
This new 1/35 miniature kit is produced to Dragon's exacting Smart Kit levels. As a new release there are numerous brand new components such as the short-barreled 3.7cm Kw.K gun and completely new engine deck suitable for an Initial Production vehicle. The kit makes wise use of slide molds to impart the correct degree of detail. The lower hull tub, for instance, is a one-piece slide-molded component to ease construction. The turret is also a new creation made from a three-directional slide mold. To ensure realism, photo-etched items are available for elements like the air intake grills or chains on the smoke grenade rack. The 38cm tracks consist of Dragon's patented Magic Tracks, which are a breeze to put together. The end result is an accurate recreation of an early-WWII German tank. The new Ausf.F - "F" for fantastic!