Stug.III Ausf.G Dec 1944 - Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (26)
Customize your model: (29)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $66.59You pay: $44.24(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6593Scale: 1/35View all products of type "StuG III"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly designed gun sleeve
- Travel lock with photo-etched chain for extra details
- Finely reproduced return rollers One-piece barrel
- Detailed tow hook molded on hull rear plate
- Delicate MG34 for StuG.III Ausf.G
- Gun breech and recoil guard fully replicated
- Recoil and recuperator cylinders are truly represented
- Slide-molded muzzle brake
- Slide-molded mantlet w/internal surface detail
- Chamfer on lower part of mantlet
- Gun w/full breech assembly
- Slide-molded fenders feature photo-etched parts w/upper and lower surface details
- Fender pattern accurately portrayed
- Hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Photo-etched rack on engine deck for true-to-scale appearance
- Engine deck w/interlocking structure has realistic weld seams
- Delicate side-skirt hanger bracket
- Realistically reproduced roof armor w/ accurate weld seams
- Screw heads are accurately reproduced
- Commander's hatch w/interior details can be assembled open/closed
- Multi-directional slide-molded superstructure w/bolt detail
- Photo-etched air-intake grills
- Cooling air-intakes are slide-molded
- Radio set and seats are included
- Multi-pieces upper hull easily assembled
- Fully detailed hull bottom weld seams
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/superb details
- Floor treadplate pattern is correctly done
- Driver's vision port w/crystal clear parts
- One-piece driver's vision port armor w/bolt details
- Steering-brake inspection hatch can be modeled open/closed
- Intricate OVM included
- Jack is reproduced w/multiple parts
- Air deflector truly represented
- Photo-etched mesh is included
- Idler wheel w/photo-etched parts
- Detailed track tension adjuster
- Final-drive housing covers are separate parts for maximum detail
- Road wheels and sprocket wheels w/accurate details
- Detailed one piece DS track
The StuG.III (Sd.Kfz.142) was based on the widely used Panzer III family of tanks, and it evolved into a very capable German tank destroyer during WWII. In fact, the StuG.III was Germany's most widely manufactured armored fighting vehicle of the war. As enemy tanks improved their protection and armament, Germany responded by fitting the effective 7.5cm StuK 40 L/48 gun inside the vehicle's casemate. This variant was known as the Ausf.G, of which 7,720 were produced from December 1942 through till April 1945. This made the Ausf.G the most common German tank destroyer variant by far. Dragon's newest 1/35 scale StuG.III Smart Kit depicts a very specific Ausf.G model of the Late-Production in Dec 1944.
This is not just another StuG.III kit, as it has features unique to a late-war vehicle produced in December 1944. This has resulted in brand new parts such as a gun travel lock and rear tow hook being created. What's more, this new kit of the popular StuG.III G receives brand new 40cm tracks made from DS to achieve incomparable detail definition and ease of assembly. Photo-etched components involve such elements as air intake grills and idler wheel rings, plus a brand new frame for stowing equipment on the engine deck. This is another fine 1/35 StuG.III Ausf.G kit from Dragon, and it allows modelers to reproduce exactly a vehicle built in December 1944.