Leichte Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.A
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (15)
Customize your model: (18)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $55.90You pay: $37.69(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6591Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer I"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled Leichte (Funk) Pz.IA w/authentic details
- Newly tooled upper superstructure made by 3-directional slide mold
- Newly tooled antenna guard and mount
- New fighting compartment w/interior details
- Optionally assembled air intake cover and smoke candle on engine deck
- Upper superstructure hatch can be assembled open/closed
- Authentic-looking photo-etched rain guard
- Visors can be shown open/closed
- Rod antenna can be modeled at desired angle
- Interior details including gas mask canisters, radio set, battery boxes and seats
- Authentic radio equipment bundled w/photo-etched headset
- Upper hull in great details
- Multi-directional slide-molded rear engine deck modeled in extreme details
- Engine deck hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Glacis plate represents Leichte (Funk) Pz.IA
- Photo-etched exhaust cover
- Accurate rear-panel configuration
- Lower hull formed from multiple parts for greater details
- Detailed tread pattern molded on top of the side fenders
- Driver's vision port covers can be assembled open/closed
- Suspension assembles recreated in fine details
- Intricate OVM arrangement
- Horn and ventilator duct included in fine details
- Idler wheel assembles recreated in fine detail
- Road wheels w/photo-etched rings
- Sprocket and idler reproduced in great detail
- Magic Tracks are accurately reproduced
Dragon has previously released a variety of superbly detailed 1/35 scale plastic kits of variants from the Panzer I family, including gun tanks and command-and-control vehicles. However, the current kit under consideration depicts a Panzer I Ausf.A (Sd.Kfz.101) especially modified for the important Funk (radio) role in Germany's new panzer units. A total of 818 Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf.A tanks were produced from July 1934 to June 1936, and some were modified into specialist versions in this way. The main change was the replacement of the machine gun-armed turret with a fixed superstructure featuring three vision ports, as well as an antenna for the FuG.2 and FuG.6 radio sets contained inside the hull. There was no machine gun mounted in the hull so it was relatively defenseless. This 5.88-ton vehicle operated by a crew of three was known as the Leichte (Funk) Panzerwagen.
This 1/35 scale Smart Kit builds upon the exquisite detail contained in Dragon's previous Panzer I models. As to be expected, the superstructure is a brand new part, as is the attached antenna. For customization, this antenna can be depicted at any angle according to the modeler's wishes. The antenna guard frame on the front right fender is also a brand new element and it's molded finely to give a scale appearance. The fighting compartment is fully portrayed, including the transmission and radio sets. For greater convenience and speed of assembly, this kit uses Magic Tracks in place of individual track links. There is also a useful amount of photo-etched metal components like the muffler cover and rings for detailing the road wheels. The Leichte (Funk) Pz.IA may be small but it's most certainly a 'funky' model!