Sherman III DV Early Production Smart kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (43)
Customize your model: (20)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $61.99You pay: $41.69(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6573Scale: 1/35View all products of type "M4 Sherman"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled glacis plate w/direct-vision hoods accurately reproduced
- One-piece Early 75mm-gun turret has cast texture
- Slide-molded gun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- Commander's hatch w/periscope can be assembled open/closed
- Bolted connecting plate for gun-shield attachment rendered in fine detail
- Hatch hoods accurately reproduced
- Direct-vision covers can be molded open/closed
- Two types of ammo box provided as an option
- Ammo box mount w/great detail
- Slide-molded antiaircraft MG w/hollow muzzle
- One-piece upper hull w/weld seams
- One-piece lower hull w/bolt details
- Two types of transmission cover made from multiple slide-molded parts
- Photo-etched OVM w/clasp detail
- Detailed headlight and horn guards
- Suspension system realistically reproduced
- Separate engine-deck panel and grilles
- Fully detailed T41 DS tracks
The industrial might of the USA guaranteed mass production of thousands of M4 Sherman tanks, with many being given to Allies under the Lend-Lease Act. Great Britain was one major recipient of Shermans (17,184 vehicles in total), and Dragon's latest release depicts one such vehicle. Kit No. 6573 is a Sherman III Early-Production vehicle, the British nomenclature 'III' referring to an M4A2. The British operated more than 5,000 of these diesel-powered Sherman III tanks with 75mm guns during WWII, making it the second-most common Sherman variant in British service. Many fought in North Africa and Italy, for example. This kit has Direct Vision (DV) slots for the driver and co-driver in the glacis plate, with this feature being a forerunner to vehicles equipped with periscope vision devices.
Building on the success of earlier Dragon Sherman IIIs, this latest kit has received newly tooled parts where appropriate for a DV Early-Production vehicle. For easy assembly, the upper hull and lower hull are both created as one-piece components thanks to sophisticated slide molds. The plastic turret has received a finely textured surface that beautifully renders the original cast pattern. Two types of transmission cover are provided, which will allow modelers to replicate a specific tank. The highly accurate kit benefits from multimedia materials too, to upgrade particular details for example, photo-etched parts and DS tracks. Naturally, high-quality Cartograf decals provide markings for a range of British tanks. This tank is a very useful addition to the Sherman kit family, and it will definitely please Shermanaholics...as well as everyone else too!