Sd.Kfz.7/2 w/3.7cm Flak 43
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (16)
Customize your model: (17)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Armored shield on gun can be assembled for travel/combat
- Dropsides and tailgate can be folded down for better crew access
- Gun can traverse 360 degrees
- Detailed photo-etched catcher for spent shells
- Slide-molded one-piece gun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- Newly designed gun shield can be assembled in combat or travel mode
- Ammunition box can be erected/stowed
- Newly tooled photo-etched gun shield w/support brackets
- Gunner's sight cover on photo-etched shield can be raised/lowered
- Newly designed gun mount w/well-defined detail
- Newly designed gun mount locks for 3.7cm Flak
- Detailed gearbox has multipart assembly
- Brake drums have detail on both sides
- 6-cylinder engine represented by multiple parts
- Delicate engine housing
- Intricately detailed intemal mechanical components: engine, gearbox, fuel tank, compressed-air tank, suspension, exhaust and winch
- Slide molds enable one-piece chassis frame w/support-brace detail
- Two options provided for customization - one-piece angled plate or overhanging cab armor plate
- Front window armor plates w/photo-etched parts can be assembled open/closed
- Driver's and vehicle commander's hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Detailed winch spool has bolt and rib detail
- Rear crossbeam w/roller and trailer coupling depicted like the real one
- Two types of front armor plates provided as options
- Sharply reproduced on-vehicle tools
- Full detailed steering mechanism
- Suspension system as per the real vehicle; slide-molded suspension arms and springs w/delicate detail
- Accurately shaped front fenders made from 2-directional slide molds
- Different road wheels rendered w/delicate detail on both sides
- Front wheels made from DS have authentic tire tread pattern
- Sprocket w/realistic ribbed detail
- Photo-etched flange around sprocket wheel hub
- Wing mirror realistically presented
- Final-drive housing made from separate parts with bolt and rib detail
- Optional headlamps provided
- Magic Tracks for German halftrack reproduced
- Reinforced track links
Dragon has released several members of the Sd.Kfz.7 8-ton halftrack family, but up till now one variant has been absent. Dragon is thus pleased to announce a 1/35 scale kit of an Sd.Kfz.7 with 3.7cm Flak 43 antiaircraft gun. The range already includes halftracks with 3.7cm Flak 36 and Flak 37 cannons, so this one is a little more unique. It is essentially an Sd.Kfz.7/2 type and includes the armored cab with 8mm-thick plates as seen on previous kits. The newer gun can be traversed 360 degrees by hand, and the Flak 43 had an elevation range of -10 to +90 degrees. The crew comprised seven men - the commander, driver and five gunners. Some 120 rounds of ammunition were carried on the vehicle, while another 432 rounds could be stowed in a special trailer. Sd.Kfz.7/2 systems were produced by Germany beginning in 1942, and from late 1943, instead of the usual open cab, a number of antiaircraft halftracks were supplied with a cab protected by 8mm-thick armor plate. These vehicles served in Luftwaffe flak units.
This kit includes the armored cab as well as a magnificently detailed 3.7cm Flak 43 cannon. The associated gun shield of the weapon is made out of metal so as to achieve true scale thickness. The brackets by which the shield attaches to the gun are also brand new. Moreover the gun mount of this anti-aircraft gun is also new! The drop-sides on the rear fighting platform can be modeled upright for transport, or folded down for an in-action diorama. The halftrack and cannon are of the highest quality, so this vehicle with armored cab and new weapon is indeed a welcome addition to Dragon's Sd.Kfz.7 family.