Flakpanzer IV Ostwind Smart kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (52)
Customize your model: (25)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled 2-directional slide-molded turret for Ostwind
- Newly tooled photo-etched parts on turret
- Great detail on newly tooled hull rear
- Newly tooled spare barrel case included
- New scale-thickness fighting compartment armor has extra-thin top edge
- One-piece upper hull; 2-directional slide-molded w/new engine-deck design
- Slide-molded one-piece gun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- Turret w/realistic weld seams
- Gun-sight cover can be assembled open/closed
- Turret ring accurately produced
- Delicate gun mounting platform
- Spare-track brackets on glacis plate w/photo-etched and plastic options
- Interior and fuel tank parts for Pz.IV
- Hull reproduced w/internal detail
- Hatches on radio operator's housing can be assembled open/closed
- Spare-track brackets on front of lower hull
- Photo-etched parts for engine-deck ventilation grills
- Engine hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Injection-molded fenders made to thinnest possible dimensions
- Side fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- One-piece lower hull made from slide molds
- Hull bottom fully detailed
- Injection-molded OVM w/clasps
- 40cm Magic Tracks are detailed on both sides
- Extendable jack w/separate parts
- Accurately detailed idler adjuster mountings
- Road wheels and suspension w/multiple components exhibit crisp detail
- Complete MG w/workable ball mount
- Return rollers realistically reproduced
- Idler wheels have detail parts
- Final-drive housing w/details on both sides
- Separate armored cover for final-drive housing
- Sprocket wheels w/breathtaking detail and multiple delicate parts
A major new 1/35 scale kit release from Dragon is the Flakpanzer IV Ostwind, which is a logical progression in Dragon's exciting range of Panzer IV variants. The Ostwind ('East Wind') was a self-propelled anti-aircraft system based on the chassis of the Panzer IV tank. The main armament was a 3.7cm FlaK 43/1 cannon mounted in a six-sided open-topped turret that could traverse 360*. An order for 100 such vehicles was placed in August 1944, with such vehicles being necessary to counter enemy aircraft that freely roved the skies due to Allied air superiority.
Dragon's Ostwind kit is fantastically detailed. To be most useful to modelers, this kit represents a standard-production model. The hexagonal turret, called a 'cookie tin' by German soldiers, is made by two-directional slide molds and features the correct scale thickness thanks to Dragon's Razor Edge technology. The turret also bears true-to-scale weld seams. The one-piece FlaK 43 gun with hollow muzzle is finely detailed and is produced by slide mold. The track links are 40cm Magic Tracks, specially designed for easy assembly and they come with full detail. Finesse is added with photo-etched components like engine-deck ventilation grills. This kit uses Dragon's phenomenally detailed Panzer IV kits as a suitable platform to show its true artistry. Whether displayed by itself or in an action-packed diorama, this high-aiming Ostwind will grab a lot of attention!