Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.J (Tp) Early Production - Smart kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (32)
Customize your model: (29)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $62.99You pay: $42.69(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6543Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer III"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled slide-molded engine deck for Pz.III Ausf.J
- Newly designed engine ducted hatch for Pz.III Ausf.J Early Production
- New injection-molded tow cable for engine deck w/cable mount included
- Engine hatches can be assembled open or closed
- Complete gun assembly reproduced w/full detail
- 5cm Kw.K L/42 gun wdelicate detail
- Gun barrel and mantlet are sldie molded
- 3-directional slide-molded gun sleeve for greater detail
- Hollowed-out undercut on turret bottom included
- Side hatches can be assembled open or closed w/interior details
- Optional bullet splash strips provided
- Gearbox access hatch finely designed
- Photo-etched mesh included
- Air deflector accurately represented
- Slide-molded cooling air intake
- Photo-etched air-intake grills
- Fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- Turret realistically made by 3-directional slide molds
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/exquisite detail
- Lower hull sides come w/full detail
- Fully detailed weld seams on hull bottom
- Slide-molded torsion bars included
- Slide-molded hydraulic shock absorbers are well detailed
- Detailed suspension swing arms
- Slide-molded stowage bin w/fine details can be assembled open or closed
- Exhaust pipes w/hollow ends
- Notek headlight w/exquisite detail
- Toolbox w/padlock produced by slide mold
- Final-drive housing covers are separate parts for maximum detail
- Accurate sprocket wheels
- Road wheels w/accurate detail
- Injection-molded on-vehicle tools have clasp detail
- Idler wheels w/photo-etched parts
- Detailed track tension adjuster
- Initial 40cm Magic Tracks
The Panzer III was developed in the 1930s to act as Germany's main battle tank with the task of taking on enemy armored vehicles. However, by the time it encountered Russian T-34 and KV-1 tanks on the Eastern Front, it had become obsolete for this task. In an effort to keep the Pz.Kpfw.III relevant, it was rapidly up-gunned and up-armored. One such variant was the Ausf.J, which featured 50mm-thick solid frontal armor, an improvement over the earlier 30mm armor. It also received a longer 5cm KwK.38 L/42 main gun, though later production examples of the Ausf.J received even longer KwK.39 L/60 guns. Another important change in the Ausf.J was a lengthened hull. A total of 482 Early Production Ausf.J tanks were built in 1941, while a total of 1067 vehicles with the more capable KwK.39 L/60 gun were produced up till mid-1942. The Ausf.J served in Russia as well as North Africa.
Dragon is proud to announce a phenomenal 1/35 scale representation of a Panzer III Ausf.J Early Production tank. The kit boasts the correct modifications of this variant, with many parts such as the engine deck and turret shell newly designed and produced by slide molds. The slide-molded hull comes as one piece to serve as an accurate foundation for all the exquisite detail found in this kit. Photo-etched parts for elements like idler-wheel rings and air-intake grills add realism. Clever engineering also ensures this Smart Kit is not overly complicated to assemble, the job being made easier by parts such as Dragon's patented Magic Tracks. This new 1/35 kit from Dragon extends the Panzer III range, and it has enormous potential in modelers' dioramas or vehicle collections!