Sd.kfz.7/2 3.7cm Flak 36 Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (24)
Customize your model: (19)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Brand new mounted 3.7cm Flak 36
- Gunner's seat newly designed for Flak 36 gun
- Side mesh panels can be lowed for combat or raised for transport
- Rear access ladders accurately recreated
- Flak 36 can traverse 360 degrees
- Cannon can be freely posed at different angles
- Slide-molded one-piece gun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- Gun cradle offers great detail definition
- Gun sight and hand wheels w/well-defined detail
- Gun shield molded to correct scale thickness
- 3.7cm ammunition included
- Round base-plate gun platform authentically detailed
- Foot plate can be folded up or down
- Travel lock realistically produced
- Radiator cover molded w/filler cap details realistically reproduced
- Bolt detail on panels realistically rendered
- Layout of on-vehicle tools produced accurately
- Photo-etched mesh for folding sides of rear platform
- Driver's position fully detailed
- Detailed gearbox has multi-parts assembly
- Brake drums have details on both sides
- Winch assembly w/rope, tow hook and actuator realistically reproduced
- Intricately detailed internal mechanical components: engine, gearbox, fuel tank, compressed-air tank, suspension, exhaust and winch
- Rear crossbeam w/roller and trailer coupling depicted like the real one
- Slide molds enable one-piece chassis frame w/support-brace detail
- Finely detailed sub-frame made by slide molds w/muffler and exhaust-pipe assembly
- Photo-etched mount w/bolt detail for Notek light
- Final-drive housing made from separate parts w/bolt and rib detail
- Suspension system as per the real vehicle
- Slide-molded suspension arms and springs w/delicate details
- Intricate clear lenses included
- Magic Tracks for Sd.Kfz.7 half-track
- Track links have reinforcing structure
- Photo-etched flange around sprocket wheel center
- Different road wheels rendered w/delicate detail on both sides
- Sprocket w/realistic ribbed detail
- Front wheels w/authentic tread detail made from DS
The Sd.Kfz.7 was a German halftrack in the 8-ton prime-mover class that saw widespread service in WWII. Weighing in at 11.53 tonnes, it was originally slated to tow artillery pieces like the 8.8cm Flak gun and 15cm sFH 18 howitzer. However, it was also developed into a successful self-propelled platform for anti-aircraft weapons such as 2cm or 3.7cm cannons for Luftwaffe flak units. The vehicle carrying the latter 3.7cm cannon was known as the Sd.Kfz.7/2, and a total of 123 vehicles were produced up till February 1945. Dragon has already released a 1/35 scale plastic kit of the Sd.Kfz.7/2 with 3.7cm Flak 37 cannon, this particular halftrack boasting a lightly armored cab (Item No.6542). This armored Sd.Kfz.7/2 halftrack version appeared from late 1943 onwards.
Now Dragon introduces an Sd.Kfz.7/2 with the standard non-armored cab. The vehicle features the correct rear firing platform for a 3.7cm Flak 36 cannon. Just like the real vehicle, the rear sides fold down to create a larger fighting platform to depict a combat configuration, or they can be left folded up for travel. The mesh for these side panels and tailgate are made accurately to scale using photo-etched parts. Other parts such as the one-piece cannon barrel with hollow muzzle use slide molds to produce accurately formed shapes. The intricate tracks are Magic Tracks for ultimate ease of use, while the front tires made from DS bear accurate tread patterns. This new 1/35 kit gives modelers an extra option when they plan their next diorama. Indeed, it would be an interesting exercise in itself to gather Dragon's Sd.Kfz.7 clan together to spot the differences between these superb halftrack kits.