Jagdpanther Ausf.G1 Early w/ Zimmerit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (5)
Customize your model: (20)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Available(Ships in 2-4 business days)
This product is in stock at our suppliers,
if ordered it will take a few days to arrive.List price: $89.95You pay: $59.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6494Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Sd.Kfz 173 Jagdpanther"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Injection-molded zimmerit w/superior detail realistically represented
- Slide-molded rear stowage boxes
- Accurate fighting compartment roof w/weld details rendered
- 2-directional slide-molded lower hull w/zimmerit on both sides
- 3-directional slide-molded superstructure
- Front ball-mount MG is movable
- Gun sleeve is slide molded
- Muzzle brake made by slide mold
- Gun is reproduced w/multiple parts
- Rear fighting compartment w/authentic detail
- Rear fighting compartment hatch can be assembled open/closed
- Gun mantlet made from 4-directional slide mold w/crisp detail
- Exhaust pipe is slide molded w/hollow end
- Detailed radiator assembly complete w/photo-etched grills
- DS Tracks for Jagdpather Early Production
- Cylindrical stowage bin and OVM w/clasps detail
- Finely detailed road wheels
- Gunner's sight molded in clear plastic
The Jagdpanther (literally, hunting panther) was Germany's ultimate expression of a WWII tank destroyer. Its sloping armor plates were better able to deflect enemy rounds, and this sleek design was combined with an extremely potent 8.8cm KwK43 cannon. This was the same long-barreled weapon mounted on the Kingtiger. As the tank destroyer was based on the running gear of the existing Panther tank and also featured an upgraded transmission, the vehicle was relatively reliable. Development of the Jagdpanther commenced in late 1942 and the first of 415 production examples began rolling off factory floors in January 1944. The 45.5 tonne Jagdpanther was operated by a crew of five. These tanks served on both fronts in the latter part of the war, but were primarily deployed on the Eastern Front.
Dragon has created an Early Production (i.e. G1) version of the Jagdpanther in 1/35 scale. As such it has the smaller internally bolted mantlet, a monobloc gun barrel and an engine deck based on that of the Panther Ausf.A. The aforementioned mantlet is produced by a four-directional slide mold that bears a realistic cast texture. What sets this latest release apart is its coat of Zimmerit, which was applied to Jagdpanthers up till September 1944. The typical square-pattern Zimmerit is astonishingly rendered in 1/35 scale. Zimmerit is also correctly pre-molded on the lower hull, saving modelers the burden of this undertaking. Even the stowage boxes at the rear of the hull receive a Zimmerit layer. To finish off this fine Jagdpanther, Dragon has supplied two complete runs of easy-to-assemble DS Tracks suitable for this Early Production variant. Thanks to its molded-on Zimmerit, this Jagdpanther will save modelers hours of putty hassles. Indeed this "hunting cat" is ready to spring into a suitable diorama or display case.