Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.N Smartkit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (28)
Customize your model: (25)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $60.99You pay: $40.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6474Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer III"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.N w/authentic details
- Side-skirt armor produced in metal for scale thickness
- Side-skirt armor plates can be installed separately
- Newly tooled side-skirt bracket accurately designed
- Newly tooled fenders w/pattern detail on both top and bottom surfaces
- Rifling inside gun barrel
- Gun sleeve has fine detail
- Gun shield is newly tooled for Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.N
- New turret roof rendered w/turret-skirt armor brackets
- Add-on armor tailored to 7.5cm Kw.K. L/24 gun mantlet
- Turret-skirt newly reproduced w/realistic detail
- Slide-molded stowage bin specific to Pz.Kpfw.III
- Turret made from 3-directional slide molds
- Brake cooling inlets newly produced at the frontal plate
- Includes hollowed out undercut on turret bottom
- Side hatches can be assembled open/closed w/interior details
- Extra armor on fighting compartment front plate
- Brackets for extra hull top armor
- Air intake covers w/mounts realistically reproduced
- New injection-molded tow cable for engine deck
- Slide-molded engine deck for Pz.III Ausf.N newly reproduced
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/exquisite detail
- Fully detailed weld seams on hull bottom
- Slide-molded hydrulic shock absorbers are well detailed
- Detailed suspension swing arms
- 40cm Magic Tracks
- Idler wheels w/photo-etched parts
- Detailed road wheels and sprockets
- Final-drive housing covers are separate parts for maximum detail
- Floor treadplate pattern is correctly done
- Two types of muffler mount provided as options
- Two types of exhaust pipe included as options
- Jack reproduced in multiple parts
- Injection-molded on-vehicle tools provided w/clasps
Considering the fact that the Panzer III was a product of the 1930s, this German medium tank did well to serve so long throughout WWII. It was obviously supplanted by the Panzer IV and later the Panther in the tank-versus-tank role, but it did later find a niche in the infantry support role. This is most clearly expressed in the final Pz.Kpfw.III variant to enter service - the Ausf.N, of which 700 were manufactured or converted.
The Panzer III N entered service in June 1942 and production continued until August 1943. Key characteristics of the Ausf.N were its basis on the Ausf.J or M chassis, and the fitting of a short-barreled 7.5cm KwK37 L/24 gun. Ironically, this was the weapon fitted to older Panzer IV A-F1 tanks. Thus equipped, the Panzer III N was used in the close-support role in Tiger battalions or Panzergrenadier divisions.
Dragon has previously produced a number of Panzer III kits in 1/35 scale, but the newest variant is a fine rendering of the Ausf.N. Amongst its many features is a full set of turret and hull Schurzen - 5mm-thick armored skirts that were fitted to original vehicles from March 1943 onwards to protect against enemy antitank weapons. On the kit, the Schurzen and associated support brackets involve brand new toolings. The hull Schurzen side-skirts are made from metal to achieve true scale thickness, with the added benefit of allowing modelers to recreate realistic battle damage. There is also a turret-mounted stowage bin (known as Gepack Kasten) that can be displayed with its hatch open or closed. The fenders are also brand new items exclusive to this Ausf.N kit. New, too, are the brake-cooling inlets on the glacis. This is an exciting new 1/35 kit of an important Panzer III variant - the ideal vehicle to accompany a Tiger tank or German infantrymen!