Flakpanzer 38(t) Ausf.L Gepard
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (34)
Customize your model: (18)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
About The Flakpanzer 38(t)
- Open topped fighting compartment specially designed to accommodate 2cm Flak 38
- Fighting compartment armour can be positioned up or down in travel or combat modes
- Fighting compartment with full interior detail-reinforcement strips with bolt detail realistically represented
- Both locked and unlocked catches included as separate detailed parts
- Upper hull of Gepard rendered with beautiful detail
- Newly designed engine-deck cover can be assembled open or closed
- Catches on inside of rear fighting compartment armor to secure it during travel
- Special design for Flak gun mount with ammunition box storage
- Fighting compartment with raised floor to accommodate 2cm Flak 38
- Engine compartment rear panel is sharply detailed
- Barrel case included inside fighting compartment
- Round base plate with authentic details
- Gun Shield is molded to scale thickness
- Slide-molded gun barrel w/hollow muzzle opening
- Modelers can choose to elevate 2cm Flak 38 cannon to any one of four positions
- Ammunition boxes with fine details
- Spent shell case frame and photo-etched mesh included
- Spent shell cases made from preformed photo-etched parts
- Gun cradle offers great detail definition-even weld seams are present
- Gun sight with well-defined details
- Crisply detailed seat for Flak crewman
- Engine exhibits delicate details thanks to separate parts
- Detailed radio unit
- Transmission system w/excellent detail
- Driver's seats have crisp detail
- Finely detailed firewall
- Includes driver's controls
- Lower hull frontal armour is new
- Idlers are newly tooled
- Upgraded road wheels are newly tooled
- Slide-molded one-piece chassis with delicate detail
- Magic Tracks with casting-number detail etched on every link
- Cartograf Decal
The Luftwaffe dominated the skies early in WWII, but it met a remarkable reversal as the war proceeded. This created an urgent requirement for mobile antiaircraft platforms for ground troops so they could combat Allied and Russian aircraft. An interim solution was the "Flakpanzer 38(t) auf Selbstfahrlafette 38(t) Ausf. L (Sd.Kfz. 140)," to give it its full title. However, it was also commonly referred to as the Gepard 38(t) Ausf. L. A total of 140 were produced between November 1943 and February 1944 before the Flakpanzer IV (built on a Panzer IV chassis and featuring a 3.7cm cannon) became available.
"The Gepard 38(t) featured a single 2cm Flak 38 cannon in the rear fighting compartment, with superstructure sides that could be folded down for better crew access and 360 degree traverse. These antiaircraft mounts were issued to AA platoons in tank regiments, and a considerable number of them saw combat in the West (e.g. in the Normandy fighting), despite their lack of firepower.
About This Kit
Based on Dragon's successful 1:35 scale Panzer 38(t), no shortcuts were taken when producing the correct silhouette and detail in this new kit. Therefore, the Gepard 38(t) adds a newly tooled fighting compartment, upper hull and chassis. Dragon's well-received 2cm flak gun is also carefully lowered into and installed in its mount in the fighting compartment, which is chockablock with interior detail. Even the engine and other parts in the vehicle interior (e.g. the driver's compartment) are represented in what is a very complete package. A generous supply of slide-molded components, photo-etched parts and Magic Tracks allow modelers to make an exemplary replica of the Gepard 38(t) Ausf. L."