Jagdpanther Ausf.G1 (Early Production) Smartkit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (4)
Customize your model: (22)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The driver revs the mighty 690hp V-12 Maybach HL230 P30 engine, and the tank destroyer noses forwards. The tracks of the 50.15-ton Jagdpanther clank across the muddy soil until it has taken up its ambush position along the tree line. The gunner aims the long-barreled 8.8cm PaK 43 gun at the approaching platoon of enemy tanks while the commander watches through binoculars from his open hatch. With a spurt of flame and an explosive noise, a shell speeds towards its target with unerring accuracy. Based on the Panther, and with a low profile and sloping armor, Germany's Jagdpanther was a very successful design. It mainly saw service on the Eastern Front, though it was also widely used in the Ardennes offensive, and the Allies first encountered it in Normandy in the summer of 1944.
One of Dragon's biggest 1/35 scale releases of the year is a Jagdpanther Early Production version. This exciting new Jagdpanther bears absolutely no connection with Dragon's decade-old Imperial series kit, though it does make use of top-quality parts such as road wheels, track links and on-vehicle tools from the recent, scorching hot Panther G! Other components have been built from scratch according to the latest research and investigation. The Jagdpanther is in the Smart Kit line, meaning it is extremely well engineered for easy assembly and well-fitting joints. Particular attention has been paid to the mantlet armor collar and mantlet with their complex curved shapes, thus making this the first Jagdpanther to accurately reproduce these parts in kit form. Every part has been given a thorough treatment during the kit's design, right down to the smallest nut, bolt and weld seam. This Jagdpather is destined for great things-it's a legend in the making!
Gun & Manlet:
- Careful calculations result in correct angles for highly realistic fighting compartment assembly
- Options provided for fighting compartment roof
- Weld details beautifully rendered
- Gunner's periscope w/clear plastic represented in detail
- Scissors periscope w/mount realistically reproduced
- New upper hull with interlocking detail
- Escape hatch at rear of fighting compartment
- New storage bin on rear fighting compartment
- Two types of rear storage bin included as options
Engine Deck & Lower Hull:
- Gun mantlet specific to Jagdpanther Early Production
- Cast gun recess with multiple curved surfacesbeautifully recreated
- Cast gun mantlet is rendered with 360 degree detail
- Muzzle brake produced with a slide mold
- One piece gun barrel
- Front ball-mount MG is movable
Suspension & Tracks
- New lower hull produced by 2-directional slide molds
- Detailed engine radiator
- Armored guard for air-cooling outlet grills
- Intricate slide-molded headlight assemblies
- New tooling for the exhausts
- Slide-molded rear stowage boxes
- On-vehicle tools w/clasps
- Sponson floors w/updated detail
- Jack reproduced w/multiple parts
- Cylindricla stowage bin inlcuded
- Delicate spare-track rack modeled in detail
- Full suspension assembly w/road wheel and idler arms can be positioned on uneven terrain
- Highly detailed sprocket mounts
- Track links for sprocket section have guide horns as separate pieces for maximum accuracy
- Magic-Tracks w/slide-molded guide horn details
- Road wheels exhibit fine detail
- Newly tooled bump stop assembly
- Cartograf decal
- Photo-etched parts for engine deck grills
- Metal Tow cables