Jagdpanther G1 Late Smartkit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (5)
Customize your model: (20)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Gun and Mantlet
- Options provided for fighting compartment roof
- Careful calculations result in correct angles for highly realistic fighting compartment assembly
- New upper hull w/interlocking detail
- Weld details beautifully rendered
- New storage bin on rear fighting compartment
- Scissors periscope w/mount realistically reproduced
- On-vehicle tools w/clasps
- Intricate slide-molded headlight assembles
- Detailed engine radiator
- Armored guard for air-cooling outlet grills
- Gunner's periscope w/clear plastic represented in detail
- Photo-etched parts for engine deck grills and cupola details
- Front ball-mount MG is movable
- Jack is reproduced w/multiple parts
- New gun mantlet
- Gun recess w/casting marks for late version
- Cast gun recess w/multiple curved surfaces beautifully recreated
- Cast gun mantlet is rendered w/360 degree detail
- Muzzle brake made by slide mold
- Gun sleeve is slide molded
- Metal tow cables
Suspension & Track
- Lower hull produced by 2-directional slide molds
- Slide-molded rear stowage boxes
- Delicate spare track rack modeled in detail
- Slide-molded holes for hassle-free fitting
- Exhaust is completely new
- Newly tooled bump stop assembly
- Full suspension assembly w/road wheel and idler arms that can be positioned on uneven terrain
- Magic Tracks w/slide-molded guide horn detail
- Track links for sprocket section have guide horns as separate pieces for maximum accuracy
- Road wheels exhibit fine detail
The Jagdpanther is not only an attractive-looking war machine, but it was also perhaps the most effective tank destroyer of WWII. A total of 392 Jagdpanthers (Hunting Panthers) were manufactured, each mounting an 8.8cm PaK43/3 main gun on a modified Panther chassis and hull. Production commenced in January 1944 and the first vehicles were issued to combat units in June. Although most served on the Eastern Front, a large number were collected and used in the Battle of Bulge in December 1944. Dragon has just released a 1/35 scale kit of the Late Production variant. Late Production vehicles can be identified by such modifications as a bolted mantlet collar, two-piece PaK43/4 gun barrel, single vision slot for the driver, revised roof for the fighting compartment, flash-suppressor exhaust pipes, and a cooling fan for the crew compartment heater.
Dragon's model is bristling with a sensational level of detail. The kit is based on the hugely popular Jagdpanther G1 Early Production (Item No. 6458), but it has been modified with newly tooled parts to represent all the relevant characteristics of the Late version. The sophisticated curved shape of the gun mantlet has also been masterfully recreated. This new Jagdpanther variant has quite a different look to the previously released kit, and it constitutes a perfect subject for modelers building up a scene from late in WWII. This Jagdpanther is ready to do some serious hunting!