Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L Smartkit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (29)
Customize your model: (26)
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $71.50You pay: $47.89(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6387Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer III"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L Late Production finely reproduced w/great detail
- Turret made from 3-directional slide molds
- Top plate for manlet spaced armor
- Add-on armor tailored to 5cm Kwk.39 L/60 gun manlet
- Photo-etched parts provided as option for mantlet add-on armor
- Gun barrels are slide molded
- Gun shield is newly tooled for Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L
- Rifling inside gun barrel
- Gun sleeve has fine detail
- Slide-molded engine deck for Pz.Kpfw.III
- Slide-molded stowage bin specific to Pz.Kpfw.III
- Optional extra armor fighting compartment front plate
- Optional brackets for extra hull top armor
- Fenders w/pattern detail on both surfaces
- Injection-molded tow cable for engine deck
- Detailed road wheels and sprockets
- Final-drive housing covers are separate parts for maximum detail
- Turret side hooks specially designed w/undercut details
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/exquisite detail
- Fully detailed weld seams on hull bottom
- Brand new winterketten track w/realistic detail
- Ider wheels w/photo-etched parts
- Slide-molded hydraulic shock absorbers are well detailed
- Detailed suspension swing arms
The Panzer III was a medium-class tank that, at the outbreak of WWII, was designed to be the primary platform of the all-conquering panzer divisions. However, with the advent of more heavily armored and up-gunned enemy tanks, the role of the Panzer III became secondary to that of the Panzer IV. Production finally ceased in 1943. One of the later models to be produced was the Panzer III Ausf.L, which featured a longer and more powerful 5cm KwK39 L/60 main gun. It also boasted thicker armor, with an additional 20mm-thick layer on the turret and hull front. A total of 653 Ausf.L tanks were produced from June-December 1942 by German factories.
It's the first 1/35 Panzer III Ausf.L medium tank from Dragon. Moreover it comes with something special. This kit offers modelers the chance to build a Late-Production variant with the long-barreled cannon fighting in the depths of an Eastern Front winter. This is because the tank comes equipped with Winterketten tracks, which are carefully represented by a set of convenient Magic Tracks. These extended track links offered armored vehicles better traction in snowy and muddy terrain. Since the Panzer III is based on an existing kit, this model may not offer any newly tooled parts, but the ones it does employ are accurately produced and well-engineered. On behalf of modelers, this Panzer III Ausf.L Late Production kit is ready to get muddy and snowy down in some wintry diorama!