Pz.Kpfz.VI Ausf.E Tiger I
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (34)
Customize your model: (30)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Note: Reissued kit includes reduced photoetch, fewer tools and no metal parts vs. the original release.
- One piece slide-molded turret w/mold-on zimmerit
- Two types of cupola ring available - with or without drainage slots
- Separate commander's hatch swivel arm
- Cupola w/head pad ring and details
- Workable escape hatch
- Two-types of turret roof offered to suit different variants
- Close-defense weapon molded in great detail.
- Close-defense weapon can be rotated 360 degrees and assembled open/closed
- Barrel recoils as on real gun
- Two types of slide-molded muzzle brake included
Lower Hull and Rear:
- Optional zimmerit-free area on frontal armor to
- allow placement of LAH insignia
- Complete bow MG w/sights and ammo bag
- Detailed Bosch headlight w/electrical cable
- Option of injection molded tools w/brackets and
- tools w/photo-etched brackets
Suspension, Wheels and Tracks:
- Details on hull bottom delicately reproduced for realism
- Interior components such as fuel tank, radiator, fan
- Fan made up of separate parts
- Photo-etched air duct
- Engine heater and heater cover on rear plate are provided as option
- Slide-molded DS track is highly detailed
- Workable torsion bars
- Road wheels and two types of road wheel hubs available
- Two types of idler wheels for both variants
- Detailed track w/separate guide horns provided to model spare track link
Dragon's 1/35 scale kits with molded-on Zimmerit in the form of a Kingtiger Porsche, Kingtiger Henschel and Panther Ausf. D were welcomed with open arms by modelers of all persuasions, whether newcomers or experienced. The ready-made Zimmerit on the kits saves hours of labor for modelers. It also offers an instant solution to the problem of accurately portraying this unique German anti-magnetic paste. Dragon has added a spectacular new kit to the Zimmerit family, one that has been long awaited and eagerly anticipated-a Tiger I Late Production!
The Tiger I is an iconic tank of WWII, and its legendary status extends well beyond the limited number of 1355 that were built. Armed with an 8.8cm KwK 36 L/56 main gun and a pair of MG34 machineguns, this massive tank was fortified with armor up to 110mm thick. Building upon Dragon's masterly 1/35 Tiger kits previously released, this newest big cat comes with a full coating of Zimmerit. In fact, it's Dragon's first 1/35 Tiger I with Zimmerit, and it's the result of detailed research. This Zimmerit is produced to an extremely high quality, both in terms of the correct pattern and the scale effect of the texture. The kit utilizes all the innovations and detail of Dragon's Tiger I Late Production, but this kit receives a brand new turret, upper hull, lower hull and rear panel in order to show off the Zimmerit. This is truly a masterpiece that blends computerized technology with the touch of the skilled sculptor. Adorned in its new coat, this big cat is ready to prowl a diorama scene or to grace a display shelf!