King Tiger 20th Aniv. Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (24)
Customize your model: (29)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Complete with injection molded authentic zimmerit detail, crafted with a modeler's touch
- Rear turret hatch can be modeled open/closed
- Multi-direction slide-molded cupola
- Cupola with fine interior details - head pad and clear parts
- Separate commander's hatch swivel arm
- Loader's hatch with interior details
- Close-defense weapon can be assembled open/closed
- Clear periscope parts for driver's and radio operator's hatch
- Pilz on turret roof
- Slide-molded muzzle brake
- Upgraded frontal MG can rotate
- Photo-etched engine deck grills and engine grills
- Finely detailed jack
- Road wheels accurately reproduced
- Sprockets with authentic detail
- Bonus aluminum gun barrel
- DS Tracks
The Kingtiger was a formidable German tank weighing 69.8 tons. Entering production in mid-1944, it was armed with an 8.8cm KwK 43 L/71 gun and its frontal armor was up to 180mm thick.
What sets this anniversary kit apart is the pre-injected zimmerit coating on the upper hull and turret of the Henschel Production model. Indeed, this is the first ever 1/35 scale model kit to feature this patented coating, which has been carefully and realistically crafted and textured to scale. Zimmerit is a unique characteristic on many German tanks, and instead of having to mess and fiddle around with putty, many modelers have stated a preference for having it pre-molded on their kits. Now Dragon meets their needs with this anniversary kit, allowing modelers to concentrate on assembling the exquisite detail found on this German tank. This kit is the product of advanced technology from earlier high-quality Kingtiger releases, and it also includes multi-media items such as an aluminum gun barrel and metal tow cables.