10.5cm Sturmhaubitze 42 Ausf G
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Delicate Waffle Zimmerit!A13 pattern around upper hull
- Multi-directional slide-molded superstructure
- w/Waffle Zimmerit! truly represented
- Astonishing details one-piece slide-molded lower hull w/Waffle Zimmerit!
- Slide-molded engine deck w/Zimmerit!
- Brand new slide-molded 10.5cm gun
- Newly tooled gun w/full breech and recoil guard assembly
- Slide-molded mantlet w/realistic weld seams & internal surface details
- Chamfer in lower part of mantlet
- Commander's hatch with internal detail can be assembled open/close
- Commander's vision ports made from clear parts
- Hatch can be assembled open/closed
- Slide-molded periscopic gun sight made from clear part
- Steering-brake inspection hatches can be modeled open/closed
- Fenders made from slide molds w/both upper and lower surface detail
- Fenders pattern accurately portrayed
- Fender detail made from photo-etched parts
- Idler wheels with photo-etched parts
- Photo-etched parts air intake grills
- Photo-etched mesh for air deflector realistically represented
- Slide-molded torsion bars included
- Jack reproduced with mulitple parts
- Complete on-vehicles tools
- Metal Tow cables
- 40cm Magic Tracks
- New Cartograf decal
The StuG III assault gun is a very recognizable vehicle and it proved very effective on the battlefield. Its close relative was the StuH III (StuH representing "Sturmhaubitze") self-propelled howitzer. Instead of a 7.5cm StuK 40 L/43 antitank gun, it mounted a variant of the 10.5cm leFH 18 howitzer fitted with a muzzle brake. Introduced in 1942, this vehicle provided heavier artillery support to infantry, thus allowing the StuG III to concentrate more on antitank duties. A total of 1212 StuH 42 vehicles were produced between October 1942 and 1945 by Alkett.
This is a fabulous new 1/35 scale kit of a StuH.42 Ausf.G based on the chassis of the StuG.III Ausf.G. An exciting element of this new kit is the full coat of molded-on Zimmerit in a typical "waffle" pattern. It is an extraordinary challenge for even experienced modelers to realistically produce such a texture on their models, but now the sweat and consternation has been completely taken away! Every modeler can now attain an instant Zimmerit coating with the waffle texture accurately and beautifully molded on the upper hull, superstructure and lower hull. This pattern has been engineered after much intensive research and close examination of wartime photographs. Other aspects of this kit are equally thorough and well presented, with high-quality molding throughout. Multi-material components such as photo-etched air-intake grills and metal tow cables add an additional degree of finesse. The inclusion of Magic Tracks also adds to ease of assembly. This fine new model of an important German vehicle will add welcome firepower to any display cabinet!