Roman Centurions 753-31 BC
48 page book.
Other products to consider: (7)
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $17.95You pay: $12.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP MAA470View all products of type "Armies"
Author: Raffaele D'Amato
Illustrator: Giuseppe Rava
About this book
A detailed glimpse into the weapons, equipment and uniforms worn by Roman Centurions from the Roman Kingdom right through to the height of the Republic. Including new research, photographs of artefacts and the signature Men-at-Arms artwork, this is an essential addition to the series and includes several artwork reconstructions of actual named individuals and two lavish scenes depicting combat between Centurions and a Triumphal procession.
- Introduction: origins - service
- The Age of Kings: centurions in the army of Servius Tullius
- Early Consular period: centurions in the Punic Wars
- Later Consular period: centurions in the Roman civil wars
- Arms and equipment: helmets - armour - weapons - shields - rank symbols - clothing
Paperback; August 2011; 48 pages; ISBN: 9781849085410