Napoleon's Polish Lancers of the Imperial Guard
48 page book.
Other products to consider: (5)
Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $17.95You pay: $12.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP MAA440View all products of type "Armies"
About this book
This book draws on original regimental records to give by far the most detailed account ever published in English of the organization and personalities of the most renowned of the foreign units that served in the Emperor's armies. Unlike most of his foreign troops, these Polish horsemen were true volunteers, who owed their honoured place in his Imperial Guard to their proven courage and dash on battlefields from Spain to Russia. The text is illustrated with rare portraits and photographs, and with detailed colour plates of the Lancers' magnificent uniforms.
- Poland 1806-07
- Formation as Light Horse 1807
- Spain 1808
- Complete conversion to Lancers 1809 - Wagram - organization and uniforms
- 1812 - the vain hope of a restored Polish kingdom - the Russian campaign - enlargement to two regiments
- The 1813-14 campaigns - Leipzig, and the death of Prince Poniatowski
- Elba - the squadron of honour
Paperback; August 2007; 48 pages; ISBN: 9781846032561