The German Army in World War I (3): 1917-18
48 page book.
Other products to consider: (6)
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $17.95You pay: $12.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP MAA419View all products of type "Armies" Author:
About this book
This third volume of a mini-series covering the German forces in World War I examines the troops that fought during the climax of the war on all fronts: the last great battles of attrition in the West (Arras, Messines, 3rd Ypres - Passchendaele/Langemarck - and Cambrai, 1917) and the collapse of Russia in the East. The 'Kaiserschlacht' campaign is covered, as are the German operations in Italy, the Balkans, and in support of Turkey in the Middle East. Uniform changes during this period reflected the introduction of new tactics and weapons and new types of troops, such as tanks and assault battalions.
- Overview: the German forces March 1917-November 1918
- The High Command
- Branches of the army
- Organisation: the Field Army; the Replacement Army
- Operations: Western Front; Eastern Front; Italy; Balkans; Palestine
- Uniforms: officers and other ranks, 1917-18; special clothing; army officials; insignia; medals and awards
- Tables & Orders of Battle
Paperback; November 2004; 48 pages; ISBN: 9781841765679