Tribes of The Iroquis Confed
48 page book.
Other products to consider: (21)
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $17.95You pay: $12.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP MAA395View all products of type "Armies"
The Five (later Six) Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy were central to the story of the white colonization of the American Northeast. The European fur trade transformed their world, and the struggles between English and French colonists forced the tribes to take sides. Sir William Johnson's efforts in the Mohawk Valley ensured that the Iroquois Nations were allies of the British crown; and the loyalty of his kinsman Joseph Brant (Thayendanegea) during the American Revolution forced the Mohawks into Canadian exile. This richly illustrated book introduces Iroquois history, social organization, religion and material culture.
- Introduction - Origins of the Confederacy
- The five, later six nations
- History of the Confederacy: early contacts with British and Dutch colonies
- The 17th century Mohawk and Beaver Wars against the French
- Sir William Johnson and the French-Indian War, 1701-1770
- Joseph Brandt and the Revolution, 1770-1800
- Social organization and religion
- Material culture