World War II German Women's Auxiliary Services
48 page book.
Other products to consider: (14)
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $17.95You pay: $12.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP MAA393View all products of type "Armies" Author:
About this book
Under the Nazi regime, Hitler's conservative views on the place of housewives and mothers in society limited German women to a much less active role in the war than their British and Allied counterparts. Nevertheless, the demands of a prolonged war did see German women in a range of uniforms as auxiliaries with the Army, Navy, Air Force and SS, particularly in the signals and air defence services. This unique book explains and illustrates these organisations and their uniforms and insignia, as well as Red Cross nurses, and auxiliaries of the Labour Corps, Customs Service, National Socialist Women's Organisation, and League of German Maidens (Hitler Youth).
- Women's roles under the Third Reich
- Army services: Signals Auxiliaries - Staff Auxiliaries - Economics Auxiliaries
- Navy services: Aircraft Tracking Auxiliaries - Air Warning Service - Naval Auxiliaries
- Luftwaffe services: Aircraft Report Service - Signals Auxiliaries - Staff Auxiliaries - Flak Auxiliaries
- Waffen-SS Auxiliaries
- Political services: Party Women's Movement - Eastern Territories Auxiliaries
- Red Cross Auxiliaries
- Labour Corps Auxiliaries
- Police Auxiliaries
Paperback; June 2003; 48 pages; ISBN: 9781841764078