World War II German Battle Insignia
48 page book.
Other products to consider: (5)
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
The remarkable war effort of the German armed forces on three fronts between 1939 and 1945 was recognised by a wider range of insignia than seen in the Allied armies. While the Wehrmacht displayed fewer unit insignia than the Allies, a glance at a German soldier's tunic could reveal much more about his actual combat experience. In this book an experienced researcher explains and illustrates the Battle and Assault Badges of the Army, Waffen-SS and Luftwaffe ground troops; the sleeve shields and cuffbands issued to mark service in particular campaigns; wound badges, commemorative medals, and other types of insignia.
- Battle shields - Narvik, Krim, Kuban, Cholm, Demjansk, Lappland, Lorient
- Campaign cuff titles - Afrika, Kreta, Kurland, Metz
- Campaign medals - Eastern Front 1941-42
- Afrika Battle badges - Infantry, Panzer, General, Flak, Anti-Partisan
- Luftwaffe Battle Badges - Ground, Sea, Panzer, Flak
- Close Combat Clasp, Tank Destruction Badge, Sniper Badge