The British Army 1939-45 (1) - Northwest Europe
48 page book.
Other products to consider: (5)
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $17.95You pay: $12.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP MAA354View all products of type "Armies"
The Second World War was Britain's last conflict as a world power. For a year it saw Britain standing alone against the fascist dictatorships; winning it demanded the sacrifice of the entire national wealth. This first book of three describes the uniforms developed for European service. It traces the appearance of the 'Tommy' from pre-war mobilization, through the years of defeat and endurance, to D-Day and the long fighting advance to Northern Germany. The book also includes a campaign summary, infantry organization tables, lists of arms and services and basic specifications of a number of heavy weapons.
- The British Army between the Wars
- New weapons, new uniforms and equipment: the 1937 reforms
- Mobilisation & the Phoney War
- Organisation of formations and units
- Norway and France 1940
- Development of uniforms 1940-44
- Special-to-role uniforms - airborne, armoured troops, etc.
- The Second Front - development of uniforms 1944-45